Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So we can't afford Murray, but can buy CMS for 3 Million?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
This is nonsense though. There are plenty of Championship clubs who'd love to have CMS in their team. He doesn't fit our style too well but I don't remember anyone complaining that it was a bad signing at the time.....and we couldn't afford to have both.. plus, by all accounts, Murray wasn't exactly the best bloke to have around the dressing room.

Good striker but he's gone and one day we'll have better.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It amazes me how people now complain that we didn't keep Murray when his contract ran out but there were plenty of voices in the 3 years he was under contract to us stating that he wasn't good enough to play at the Championship level. How many other players have been hounded out of the club by those who just don't seem capable to rate our players or are constantly complained about but still at the club (look at Noone, Greer, El-Abd, Barnes, and numerous others from our very recent squads) What if they went to another higher placed league club and they do well, would they then complain that we shouldn't have let them go ?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and its time to forget it and move on

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Nobody moaned last season when Murray only scored 7 goals in 46. There is a wage cap at our club so wild guesses at CMS wages are nonsense too.

So to whom does this cap apply? Is Vicente's wages more than Murray was asking for? I don't believe for one minute Murray is on £15k a week and suspect CMS is on more, bearing in mind he was also being courted by several premiership clubs at the time.

It amazes me how people now complain that we didn't keep Murray when his contract ran out but there were plenty of voices in the 3 years he was under contract to us stating that he wasn't good enough to play at the Championship level. How many other players have been hounded out of the club by those who just don't seem capable to rate our players or are constantly complained about but still at the club (look at Noone, Greer, El-Abd, Barnes, and numerous others from our very recent squads) What if they went to another higher placed league club and they do well, would they then complain that we shouldn't have let them go ?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and its time to forget it and move on

Sorry, but which players have been hounded out by fans. Can't think of one that left because of fans.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
It's just bullshit.

Both bits of business were a monumental error.

I think we've all known for quite a while that ffs was a f***ing shambolic error, and to be perfectly frank. it's becoming all to clear that CMS is another one.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Wasn't Hoskins the Murray replacement ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Your quote "He doesn't live just outside of Brighton, he lives very near Preston Park"
I already said he lived in Preston Park. Yes i know what he was offered, and i know his wages now.
You can smell what you like...... your nearer it.

I mentioned Preston Park to you when you said he live outside Brighton.

After taking abuse from Murry and Thunderbolt..... nice to know that some posters don't just spout off.
I believe that the extra year might have been in the deal, but this was not mentioned.
As i stated, Murray did not want to leave, i think anybody that has seen his 3 goals against Brighton, since he left, would actually realise this.
Please point out where I abused you?

Wasn't Hoskins the Murray replacement ?

He was so why are people calling CMS the replacement? He joined us over 2 months later, whereas Hoskins joined the following day when it was known that Murray had definitely gone.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Crying shame that GM isn't still with us. A class act in every way - a far post header, the likes of which we last saw from a Brighton player.....er when? Never once celebrated overtly his 3 goals against us in 2 1/2 games. Didn't take the 2nd penalty when he could so easily have done for a hat-trick against his old club (can't believe that Holloway would have deprived him of such a hat-trick).

A huge loss, a poor decision by someone to let him go - whatever the reasoning. Top scorer with over 30 goals in the promotion season, plus a bagful of defensive headers.

I wish Glenn all the best, our first player for many a while that will go onto better things and we didn't value him accordingly.

As for booing GM, me I applaud him - well done Glenn and all the best.

Gus should give credit where credit is due and bemoan the fact that someone didn't go the extra mile to keep him at the Albion. Whoever that someone was.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Crying shame that GM isn't still with us. A class act in every way - a far post header, the likes of which we last saw from a Brighton player.....er when? Never once celebrated overtly his 3 goals against us in 2 1/2 games. Didn't take the 2nd penalty when he could so easily have done for a hat-trick against his old club (can't believe that Holloway would have deprived him of such a hat-trick).

A huge loss, a poor decision by someone to let him go - whatever the reasoning. Top scorer with over 30 goals in the promotion season, plus a bagful of defensive headers.

I wish Glenn all the best, our first player for many a while that will go onto better things and we didn't value him accordingly.

Gus should give credit where credit is due and bemoan the fact that someone didn't go the extra mile to keep him at the Albion. Whoever that someone was.

So true

Nov 19, 2012
I have forgotten about him, but how can we not afford him is what i'm talking about.

Gus did not think he was good enough he just will not admit to it,untill he starts admitting his mistakes having the likes of Bruno Bridge and Kuszack is throwing money down the drain, we have Dobbie and Hoskins on the bench and he plays Barnes and CMS who do not fit into this team, why the f*** did he sign Dobbie if he aint gonna play him

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i feel the players bottled it 2day i am sorry 2 say

No..we were up against it when dunk got sent off and then apart from a couple of times, they battered us. The two wingers made Bruno look silly and the defence looked pretty solid....pains me to say this.

What a completely shit day. Itis so bad I am watching xfactor to cleanse the memory of today's debacle.
Am

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Who was negotiating the contracts at the time? Was it Ken Brown? Why should Gus take all the blame?

Murry

Banned
Nov 29, 2012
And I quote....

'I love how you guys actually believe we didnt keep Murray because we couldnt afford him.

In transfer fees for the WHOLE 15 Palace players who played on Saturday cost less that CMS.'

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Well this thread has sealed it, I have officially had enough of the idiotson this board who have no idea about football.

Can a mod please delete my account.

Well this thread has sealed it, I have officially had enough of the idiotson this board who have no idea about football.

Can a mod please delete my account.

Get hold of yourself Marshy.

And if you've really had enough just don't log on, or send an e-mail asking for a new password and delete the reply without looking at it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

This. I'll admit it - I'm still pissed off Gus let him go and has replaced him with CMS who isn't anywhere near as good as Murray but has a lovely smile, long flowing hair and does a very agreeable seagull celebration when he tucks away his one chance in 25. It was a f***ing turd mistake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here