Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So we can't afford Murray, but can buy CMS for 3 Million?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Preston Park is the station before Brighton on the rail journey from London.

Brighton has lots of stations but they're all within Brighton. Doh!

You don't know his correct age or where he lives but you know exactly what his wage offers were and how much he's earning now.

I smell :shit:

Murry

Banned
Nov 29, 2012
LOL at this Soulman guy. Clearly biggest bullshitter going.

Also Preston Park is about central Brighton as you can get.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Brighton has lots of stations but they're all within Brighton. Doh!

You don't know his correct age or where he lives but you know exactly what his wage offers were and how much he's earning now.

I smell :shit:

Your quote "He doesn't live just outside of Brighton, he lives very near Preston Park"
I already said he lived in Preston Park. Yes i know what he was offered, and i know his wages now.
You can smell what you like...... your nearer it.

Dec 29, 2011
Your quote "He doesn't live just outside of Brighton, he lives very near Preston Park"
I already said he lived in Preston Park. Yes i know what he was offered, and i know his wages now.
You can smell what you like...... your nearer it.

You know his wages? I'd say he's on about 10k so the same as CMS. Am I close?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Also factor in sign on fee and agent fee. I believe this played a part as we would not be held to ransom with large agent fees where as Palace were willing to pay them.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Difference between couldn't afford and not thinking he was worth it.

And that's why this thread is pointless. Try to understand people, Gus & TB looked at the budget they had, looked at the players they had, and those they wanted, and GMs demands didn't fit the budget. Gus made a mistake, he thought he was doing the right thing at the time, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. I bet we all have made mistakes too, I know I have, and some of mine have had far worse reaching consequences.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
And an extra year wasn't it ?

After taking abuse from Murry and Thunderbolt..... nice to know that some posters don't just spout off.
I believe that the extra year might have been in the deal, but this was not mentioned.
As i stated, Murray did not want to leave, i think anybody that has seen his 3 goals against Brighton, since he left, would actually realise this.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
And that's why this thread is pointless. Try to understand people, Gus & TB looked at the budget they had, looked at the players they had, and those they wanted, and GMs demands didn't fit the budget. Gus made a mistake, he thought he was doing the right thing at the time, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. I bet we all have made mistakes too, I know I have, and some of mine have had far worse reaching consequences.

Spot on.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Everyone knew at the time that letting Murray go was a mistake. You don't need the benefit of hindsight for that.

The problem is that someone told Gus or Gus himself decided to spunk £3m on a striker that has nowhere near sufficient skills to be an adequate replacement.

Whichever you look at it, massive mismanagement.

Spot on. and his first goal today was one of the best I have seen all season. We have no one who can head the ball like that.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Can't argue with the fact Gus sold/let Murray go and then replaced him with an expensive striker who doesn't fit into our team! I Love CMS but Come on? (Unless Tony bought him over Gus' head?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As far as im concerned cms can never wear the stripes again 2.5m for missing a one on one NO THANKS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here