Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So we can't afford Murray, but can buy CMS for 3 Million?

Jul 13, 2012
one of the strangest pieces of football business I've ever seen in my life time, CMS must be on an absolute fortune though.

Same as Murray or more. Gus won't get us promoted. He bangs on about if he can't get promoted with us he'll go there without us. What f***ing club would hire him knowing he's been shithurst for us.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
one of the strangest pieces of football business I've ever seen in my life time, CMS must be on an absolute fortune though.
Murray did not want to leave Brighton. Did he celebrate his two goals...no. Unfortunately Brighton were prepared to pay CMS a lot more than Murray, Palarse offered 15grand a week to Brighton's 9grand. It's Brighton's fault that he left, he's over 30, and the money talks. Would he rather be playing at a club with the highest crowds in the division, at a lovely stadium..... or at the lesser Palarse place. Murray did not want to go.
This came from the man himself by the way.... not hearsay or dreaming, from the lips.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Nobody moaned last season when Murray only scored 7 goals in 46. There is a wage cap at our club so wild guesses at CMS wages are nonsense too.

Yes but Murray has adapted to the championship and is showing qualities way in advance of the very ordinary CMS. Murrays 1st year may have yielded only 7 goals but this year the lad WILL get in excess of 25 as long as he remains fit..

Murray would not have cost the club a fortune either..........

No matter how this is dressed up its a monumental f..k up.

Murry

Banned
Nov 29, 2012
Palarse offered 15grand a week to Brighton's 9grand. It's Brighton's fault that he left, he's over 30, and the money talks.

15k a week such bollocks and our chairman has said so. The fact Murray also isnt even in his 30 leads me to believe you talk a lot of shite.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Murray did not want to leave Brighton. Did he celebrate his two goals...no. Unfortunately Brighton were prepared to pay CMS a lot more than Murray, Palarse offered 15grand a week to Brighton's 9grand. It's Brighton's fault that he left, he's over 30, and the money talks. Would he rather be playing at a club with the highest crowds in the division, at a lovely stadium..... or at the lesser Palarse place. Murray did not want to go.
This came from the man himself by the way.... not hearsay or dreaming, from the lips.

Yeah yeah yeah. Apart from the fact that your 'facts' are wrong.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
15k a week such bollocks and our chairman has said so. The fact Murray also isnt even in his 30 leads me to believe you talk a lot of shite.

Ok, he's 30 in 9 months, your chairman is lying. The post i put up had information from the players lips..... you know, from him personally. Murray stills lives just outside Brighton.... he has not celebrated any of his goals against Brighton...... did not take his second pen, to give him a hatrick.
I suggest you go back on your own board....... if you have one.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
How many more times? Christ Alive. Please can we stop banging on about Glenn Murray, it's SO dull. We all know it was a big mistake but for heavens sake let's move on.

Murry

Banned
Nov 29, 2012
Ok, he's 30 in 9 months, your chairman is lying. The post i put up had information from the players lips..... you know, from him personally. Murray stills lives just outside Brighton.... he has not celebrated any of his goals against Brighton...... did not take his second pen, to give him a hatrick.

He joined us when he was 27. You said he moved for the money because he was in his 30s. Murray scored a pen vs Blackburn, then missed one. He did the same vs Ipswich. Holloway then said he'll take one per game from now. If he really wanted to play for Brighton he would be. Get real....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He doesn't live just outside of Brighton, he lives very near Preston Park.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here