Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So we are 2 months into the season, where do you think Brighton will finish in May?

Where will we finish this season?

• 1st

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • 2nd

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 3rd

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 4th

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • 5th

• 6th

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • 7th

• 8th

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • 9th

• 10th

Votes: 24 16.3%
  • 11th

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • 12th

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • 13th

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • 14th

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • 15th

• 16th

• 17th

• 18th

• 19th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20th

• 21st

• 22nd

• 23rd

• 24th

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Even money bet you get 1st to 12th, I get 13th to 24th. Say 25 quid?

Don't shout about this, you will have everyone wanting a slice, even money top 12 finish?:drool::drool::drool:
We are 1/10 to finish in the top 12 on Betfair!!!
We are 53/50 for a top 6 finish, and 157/50 to finish in the top two.
14/1 to win the league.
66/1 to be relegated.

Last edited:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Said mid table at the beginning of the season and will stick with that but because of the good start lets say 10th...... more players might push us higher.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Palace, Leicester, Middlesborough, West Ham, Southampton, Ipswich, Cardiff, Leeds, Derby, Hull, Blackpool

One swallow never made a summer.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
I think if any of West Ham, Leicester and Middlesborough are in the top 6 in January (which they are likely to be) they are likely to splash out big time to try and ensure promotion.
As for the other teams, as others have said, I think anyone can beat each other on their day.
At the start of the season I said mid-table. I still stick by that - We have a small-ish squad that is certainly lacking in some areas of the pitch - This has been done to death on a number of other threads! Just because Norwich went straight up last year does not mean it is the norm - I cannot remember it happening before. The Championship is a tough league and I would be happy with a season of consolodation. Anything else is a bonus!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Said 5th at the start of the season and stick by that. People are overreacting to the Palace result.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I still think we'll finish 5th or 6th. The squad is fairly strong and Tuesday was our first truly shit outing in a dozen games. I bet teams like Middlesbrough haven't got players as good as Will Hoskins, Will Buckley or Vicente ready to step in.

If we had lost to Peterborough in that manner on Tuesday but beaten Palace 2-0 earlier on, would the wrist slitters on here be talking about a 12th place finish having been top 2 weeks ago? And 19th? f***ing hell, I ask you. :nono:

Bloody wise words, the over reaction on here has been staggering.
Or even if we had held on and got the 3 points against Leeds. We would be sitting top ! Yes top !

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
10th for me with the current squad. Would depend who we signed in January though. Don't think we need specific positions replaced so much as a raising in physicality. Our midfield needs toughing up the most, in my opinion, but a few bigger stronger players are needed where ever they play.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
:lol: Ah our very own Jonah, TCB, is back! Didn't hear hide nor hair from you last season once we hit the top (or through this pre-season) - but we go four games without a win and you reappear!

19th. Classic! (Although probably the best we can do with that muppet Poyet in charge, eh?)

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
7-11th - We've seen against Leeds, Palace and Blackpool that while we can play pretty football for some of the match, we will need a bit more 'steel' in the side to progress further and play for 90 mins at that level, rather like Arsenal need to do.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
would take 6th before the season started and think on our day we can beat anyone in this division. Believe.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
At the beginning of the season I was thinking a top ten finiish, possibly around 8th or so but with no real interest in getting to the play offs.

now, having seen the team in a few games and not seen any team look better quality than us (except Liverpool obviously), my confidence is sky high. This is looking like the best season since 1978-79. I have us down for second. Leeds game was the one I was measuring us by in terms of quality and the comeback showed real quality. That's how we got into the top flight last time. althouhg being BHA we will probably mess up a play off campaign.............................

no one has played us off the park yet. Admittedly we were below par at Leicester and very offf colour v Palace but every team has an off day

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
4th.

I genuinely belive we are the 4th best team in the league so why not? Only West Sham, Leicester, and Saints ahead of us in my book.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here