Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The club bid over £20m for Nunez, and are now bidding similar for a goalkeeper (for some reason). I don’t think budget is the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a trail on that in the lesser news media. The Sun seems to be the most confident in their proclamations. Apparently we were "blown out of the water by Portuguese giants Benfica who have agreed a deal worth around £22million with the Almeria starlet". In the same article The Sun reports that "It is understood Albion are still paying £20,000-a-week of Duffy’s £45,000-a-week wages."

Let's face it. One 'source' makes up a story then they're all on it. The chances of Tony dosclosing (to anyone, let alone the Sun) how much Duffy earns and how much of it will be covered by Celtic is laughable.

If you are a personal pal of the owner, and are getting all your info from the horses mouth I of course apologise.I would warn you, however, that you pal won't be telling you his business for much longer now you're revealing it all on NSC - and slaging the club off for their failure landing a striker. Just sayin', like ???

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We need one more striker in the mould of a young Glenn.
Trying to persuade a fourth striker of sufficient quality to join us but be a bit player isn’t going to happen. To get two strikers of sufficient quality to meet your requirements is going to be upwards of 40M.

The window shuts on 5th October. The only person that is desperate is you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only person who recognised the striker shortfall. Yes. Desperate. No.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I have always backed Potter, but I suspect the striker failure excuses have already started.

Barber still needs to get his head round the fact that market prices for strikers are market prices, and his moaning about it makes no difference.

Going beyond our means isn’t going to be Barber’s call is it...

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
The only person who recognised the striker shortfall. Yes. Desperate. No.

So when you say ‘we are desperate’, you mean the club but not you? I wasn’t aware that you were the club spokesman.

As for identifying a lack of a striker I’ll think you’ll a number of us had already cottoned on to that.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They don't need to be better than Maupay, they need to be better than "no striker".

This. We're just one injury or red card away from total DISARRAY up front. Mend And Make Do is no way to prepare for another sure to be challenging EPL season. Club need to be smarter than that

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
As, seemingly with every point you make you are so far off the mark - I do seriously wonder if you are a on a wind-up with a parody account?

Wilson is a downgrade on Maupay - why would we??!

If you actually watched Murray for Watford last night you’d know why we let him go. I’m sorry to say he huffed and puffed and plodded around and never got near a ball. And that was in the Championship -
Get real fella!

Wilson, a player Chelsea wanted and played for England is a downgrade on Muzza. And you suggest I lack judgement!?

You are a mug if you are judging Muzza on one game.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have always backed Potter, but I suspect the striker failure excuses have already started.

Barber still needs to get his head round the fact that market prices for strikers are market prices, and his moaning about it makes no difference.

Barber decides how much money we are prepared to spend on strikers? Is that what Tony told you?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
2 ?

I’d say we only need one if our preseason formations are anything to go by.

Possibly. But I would keep Gyokeres here if we only manage to sign 1 decent striker.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
They don't need to be better than Maupay, they need to be better than "no striker".

Lol...what would be the point of signing a striker that was better than nothing...a pure waste of a squad place and wages ...

“What position do you play son” “striker” “Scored any goals?” “None”...”That’s ok as long as you are a striker”

Hmmm

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
There is a trail on that in the lesser news media. The Sun seems to be the most confident in their proclamations. Apparently we were "blown out of the water by Portuguese giants Benfica who have agreed a deal worth around £22million with the Almeria starlet". In the same article The Sun reports that "It is understood Albion are still paying £20,000-a-week of Duffy’s £45,000-a-week wages."

Let's face it. One 'source' makes up a story then they're all on it. The chances of Tony dosclosing (to anyone, let alone the Sun) how much Duffy earns and how much of it will be covered by Celtic is laughable.

If you are a personal pal of the owner, and are getting all your info from the horses mouth I of course apologise.I would warn you, however, that you pal won't be telling you his business for much longer now you're revealing it all on NSC - and slaging the club off for their failure landing a striker. Just sayin', like ???

I am not an insider. Like everyone else here, I rely on the media, but recognise it is sometimes BS.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Going beyond our means isn’t going to be Barber’s call is it...

He is definitely a decision maker, but Tony trumps him, obviously.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
So when you say ‘we are desperate’, you mean the club but not you? I wasn’t aware that you were the club spokesman.

As for identifying a lack of a striker I’ll think you’ll a number of us had already cottoned on to that.

Well done [emoji106]

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
The club bid over £20m for Nunez, and are now bidding similar for a goalkeeper (for some reason). I don’t think budget is the issue.

To be fair, we don't know that, it was reported on social media, not by the club

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Barber decides how much money we are prepared to spend on strikers? Is that what Tony told you?

Paul’s primary goal, set by Tony, is to manage our profitability.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A 4 year contract for a £20m GK is going to cost a lot less than £20m on a striker just through wages. It’s not necessarily the transfer fees that is the stumbling block for us, paying through our wage ceiling and structure probably is.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Would paying over way the top for someone not very good show the sort of urgency you are seeking ???

No, it would demonstrate stupidity. Like, loaning out your main backup striker. Or using all your budget on players playing positions we don’t need to strengthen urgently.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Paul’s primary goal, set by Tony, is to manage our profitability.

Of course but I think we all know that the transfer kitty and wage structure is not set by PB, it comes down directly from TB who has made this point after previous windows about how he sees the club being run.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No, it would demonstrate stupidity. Like, loaning out your main backup striker. Or using all your budget on players playing positions we don’t need to strengthen urgently.

You really do need to accept that Glenn Murray wouldn’t have been anywhere near the first team this season. To old and slow now, even if we get nobody in we are not going to miss him. His day is done :bowdown:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

So let's be clear here. You are accusing the club (Barber) of stupidity.

Barber out?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here