Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, To Sum Up...

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
- We're currently top of the Championship, our highest league position in nearly 30 years, after starting unbeaten in our first 5 league games.
- We're into the 3rd Round of the League Cup, where we'll be welcoming Liverpool, having already defeated one Premier League side.
- We're doing all of this in a stunning, state of the art stadium that we've waiting 15 years for and which is sponsored by a world-famous company.
- Said stadium has been bankrolled by a lifelong Albion fan, who cares about this club every bit as much as any of us, and who has the vision and financial clout to set this club on the way to proper, long term, sustained success with all the necessary infrastructure.
- Thanks to said Chairman's vision, we have a manager who, along with his assistant and coaching team, has brought about an on-pitch transformation every bit as dramatic, if not even more so, as our off-pitch movements.
- That combination of Manager and Chairman has seen to it that we have the most solid, talent-packed squad from front to back that we've had in many, many years, including two million-pound plus signings, at least one of who had Premiership clubs looking at him.
- We've now added a free transfer signing which had made most of the League sit up and take notice, given that he's won one of the biggest leagues in the world on two occasions, played 40 times for his country, won the UEFA Cup and once had one of the biggest clubs in the world make a £35 million bid for him.

If this is all a dream, please don't bloody wake me up....

:albion:
its not a bad old world is it :)

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Frutos, you said it, reading it to Mrs H we both had tears in our eyes. No matter what the future holds we will always love the fact that we are Brighton fans and lord knows we have earned this moment.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Well said Frutos, but in our moment of glory I think we should all take a moment to think about the plight of Argyle.

Quite right.

There but for the grace of God...

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Well said, but the optimism won't last long - wait until it rains at a home game and people get a bit wet, or until someone has to queue for the train/bus for a few minutes.

It rained on August 6th. I stuck a carrier bag on my head. No problem.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Yes yes. But at the Peterborough game I asked for a chicken pie, and was given a beef one. It's really taken the shine off the season so far to be honest

I for one will not be attending any more of these 'so called games' untill we have clear, multilingual and pictorial definition on the Pie Boxes.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
- We're currently top of the Championship, our highest league position in nearly 30 years, after starting unbeaten in our first 5 league games.
- We're into the 3rd Round of the League Cup, where we'll be welcoming Liverpool, having already defeated one Premier League side.
- We're doing all of this in a stunning, state of the art stadium that we've waiting 15 years for and which is sponsored by a world-famous company.
- Said stadium has been bankrolled by a lifelong Albion fan, who cares about this club every bit as much as any of us, and who has the vision and financial clout to set this club on the way to proper, long term, sustained success with all the necessary infrastructure.
- Thanks to said Chairman's vision, we have a manager who, along with his assistant and coaching team, has brought about an on-pitch transformation every bit as dramatic, if not even more so, as our off-pitch movements.
- That combination of Manager and Chairman has seen to it that we have the most solid, talent-packed squad from front to back that we've had in many, many years, including two million-pound plus signings, at least one of who had Premiership clubs looking at him.
- We've now added a free transfer signing which had made most of the League sit up and take notice, given that he's won one of the biggest leagues in the world on two occasions, played 40 times for his country, won the UEFA Cup and once had one of the biggest clubs in the world make a £35 million bid for him.

If this is all a dream, please don't bloody wake me up....

:albion:

Yes, yes but... are we losing something? :facepalm:

brightonbrowny

Oct 10, 2008
After reading that I don't think I will ever moan and post a moaning post about queuing for anything BHAFC related ever again EVER!!!!:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

Spot on mate. Please can everyone realise how good EVERYTHING is right now. There is nothing whatsoever to moan about! 

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Great post Frutos, immense thanks to the teams of people who even before Tony came along had put in hours, years and blood and sweat to get us here as well....there is more than just money in that fantastic stadium in the south downs....

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
What makes it so amazing is the Brighton fans fought so hard and put up with so much crap to get where we are today. Everyone that fought tooth and nail for this club through the Archer and Bellotti years, Gillingham, Withdean, public enquiries, petitions, marches, letters, trips to No 10 etc, etc, bloody well deserve all this. You know why, Coz we are f***ing brilliant!!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Spot on mate. Please can everyone realise how good EVERYTHING is right now. There is nothing whatsoever to moan about! 

Yes there bloody is. I'm on holiday in two weeks and am missing the Liverpool game and the Leeds game. And Mrs G has said that I'm not disappearing to the pub to watch both games.

Now,that's something to moan about.

(but good post Frutos)

Seagulljohn

Jul 21, 2011
Cracking post !

I too will miss Liverpool and palace due to bloody family holiday.

Never have I wanted to go away so little.

Feb 14, 2010
With every chance of returning to the top flight and maybe over the next five years, win the first major trophy since the 1910 Charity Shield and perhaps watch Brighton away in Europe. With the ground expanding to 30K, and with already 18000 season ticket holders, then it is a club with great potential. Just hope Poyet stays so we continue to pass the ball. He wont go to a small fry premier league club like Blackburn, or even a Wolves / West Brom, but if a properly big club like Spurs come in for him then he might take that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here