rool

Jul 10, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Surely there's no law against shooting someone with no chin,

I agree, Gail Tilsley, or whatever her name is now, has got to go

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
looney said:
Not if you have tresspassed on private land it doesn't.

Who is Yellowbeard Looney?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Ah. So the rational debate has descended into "us" vs "toffs with no chins" within 2 pages. And they reckon it's not a class thing....
:D

Anyway, logically it's not effective, it inflicts cruelty when there is no need, and it is not a natural event (ie an event which forms part of nature's manner and methods for controlling population).

Whether the people on horseback have "no chins" is neither here nor there - the background of many of the anti-hunt sabs is equally as privileged, and many of the hunters are not actually part of the upper classes simply because they ride horses in a hunt. You need to move past this point of view because it limits your ability to argue a strong case. Simply bellowing "upper class twats" does not get you a strong argument!

And yes, as Looney points out, breaking the law is something that should be avoided - you cannot trespass on private land and then bellow for the support of the law which you have broken. However, action taking place on common land still needs to be reasonable.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
The anti's are a bunch of layabouts with personal hygiene problems and three legged dogs on bits of string. The people who go hunting don't exactly help their cause by dressing up like pillocks and shouting tally-ho. And frankly I've got better things to worry out than a mangy flea-bitten fox being chased by dogs when I'm going to run the bloody thing over on my way home anyway.

Seagull Stew

Surely the term "reasonable doubt" comes into force here.

Anyone who breaks the law always has the defence that they did not intentionally mean to commit a crime. There will always be some doubt that this person meant to do what he/she did.
If this was the case, no-one would ever be convicted of breaking the law ever.

However, if it was decided that the hunters knew what their intentions were beyond "reasonable doubt", surely they could still be convicted of the crime that they have commited.

It could be argued that it is up to hunters to make sure that they are not breaking the law when they are intending to partake in a legal activity.

If there is a chance that the law might be broken, intentionally or not, then they should not be doing that activity in the first place.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Curious Orange said:
This whole issue was a complete waste of time. I still can't believe that hunting with HOOKS, RIFLES or SHOTGUNS wasn't banned too.

Cant do that or it would mean that the Royals are criminals.

Vote Labour

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Curious Orange said:
This whole issue was a complete waste of time. I still can't believe that hunting with HOOKS, RIFLES or SHOTGUNS wasn't banned too.

Because it would be completely unworkable, perhaps?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Grendel said:
Because it would be completely unworkable, perhaps?

Fishing is the working mans fox-hunting, can't go around banning forms of hunting that are actually highly popular.

Personally I'm not against people killing other creatures, I just find it distasteful, and not something I wish to do. I just recognise that we kill on an industrial scale to put food on our plates, and that the hunting with dogs bill was morally hypocritical - and a waste of parliamentary time that would have been better spent on sorting out issues that actually make people's lives better.

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Curious Orange said:
Fishing is the working mans fox-hunting, can't go around banning forms of hunting that are actually highly popular.

Personally I'm not against people killing other creatures, I just find it distasteful, and not something I wish to do. I just recognise that we kill on an industrial scale to put food on our plates, and that the hunting with dogs bill was morally hypocritical - and a waste of parliamentary time that would have been better spent on sorting out issues that actually make people's lives better.
:clap:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Croydonbloke said:
Alright Tony :smokin: :wave:

Yes old boy especially after this me and AJ were discussing the possibility of BHA getting a result:

AJ's Love Monkey said:
Could be a very different story in a couple of weeks time though the way we are playing at the minute Tony! :angry:

Yes. The legislation brought into confrontation the liberal and radical left of the labour party with the establishment. Including the establishment of the labour movement. Again, the labour leadership bottled it. The legislation went through to appease the majority of the UK population who felt fox hunting etc was abhorrent but within it were weasel words that had been developed in the back rooms of Westminster and clubs that basically made the act unenforceable.

You now have to be a blasé fool to be caught.

I assume in a few years time when the BARRISTER Blair and his sell out cronies are no longer around, the legislation will be rewritten and tightened up!

E

enigma

The UK's a joke. I can't believe Fox hunting has been debated for so long. Is it really that important an issue? The rest of Europe is laughing at us.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
This is what a fox did to my rabbit ...

foxkilled1.gif

Kill the foxes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here