Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So that's why Oscar is keeping Schtum...

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
What the hell could he say that would affect what is going on with Gus. Being an intelligent chap he wouldn't even go there. GCHQ at work here.

Think you are missing the point. Garcia's been advised not to say anything about anything, on the grounds that it is in Poyet's job description, not His.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
What a relief all we had last summer was Poyet moaning about the budget/striker/budget/striker/budget/striker/budget/striker.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Maybe I have got this wrong, but I thought that Poyet had 7 days in which to appeal, so now club announces that procedures are ongoing, has already been lodged?

The 3 weeks bloom indicated would be for the whole process including hearing and decision. 7 days is the normal period to be able to lodge your appeal in writing and then its about dates, meetings etc. So late this week, early next and it should be done internally.

After that gus can go through the courts, but the club can forget interim etc once the internal process is done

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
I thought he had 7 days to appeal, then 3 weeks for the appeal process, so if he appealed straight away, as he indicated, then it should be done within the week.

I'm sure that he was given three weeks in which to appeal. Hate to say this, but when I was dismissed by my former employer ( the big one that's soon to be privatised!) I too had to submit an appeal within seven days, the appeal hearing was heard within a month but the outcome was not given until after I completed my THREE month notice period.

So, effectively, the decision as to whether my appeal was successful or not was made known six weeks after the end of my notice period.

I hope therefore, that the club have dealt with Gus's dismissal and appeal with a more professional attitude than my former employer. If not this sorry saga could continue for some time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Will we sign ANY new first team players until this saga is over is my worry?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Think you are missing the point. Garcia's been advised not to say anything about anything, on the grounds that it is in Poyet's job description, not His.

The LMA would be all over it like a rash. The outcome of the appeal can set a precedent which is disastrous for the LMA who represent League football managers.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Of course we will. Some to join in Spain I'd imagine.

Why would you think that? We've had 3 previous European tours but not signed any players whilst over there. I wouldn't have thought David Burke would travel to Spain with the squad, although he could fly out for the day to sign a player if necessary.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Matthew Syed is staying in the hotel I work in tonight and is travelling to the Amex tomorrow - anyone got an idea what that could be for? Interview with Tony Bloom maybe?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here