Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, televised or not?

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
I hope the Palace game doesnt get changed for TV, as I booked my flight today for the game.

I have only booked first match and Palace game to date as I am nervous of matching being changed for TV

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I have a season ticket but hope it is on TV for people who can't make the game.

Whatever Dick Knight says it is an occasion all Brighton fans should be able to share in.

kjgood

Not sure what to think

OK have a season ticket and will be there no matter when the game goes ahead. For me in the ideal world it will be 3 O'clock Saturday................

but! been offered two tickets, full hospitality for england v wales at twickenham KO 14.30 also on the 6th.

so I wouldnt be heartbroken if the game was moved to Sunday (Please dont shout at me)

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
The transport plan for the Stadium will fall apart if they rely on a Sunday service of trains and buses - more to the point why should the travel plans of 22,500 people be inconvenienced for the sake of a few people who would be well enough served by Late Kick-Off and the Football league Show or the local overseas highlights package.

I saw on the Argus website that a lot of exiled fans in other countries were not happy about this - if the game was shown live it wouldn't be convenient for somebody, whatever time zone of the world they tried to time it to suit.

The Stadium is there for the benefit of the paying 'bum on seat' supporter, not for the 'bum on armchair' supporter. The opening fixture is a one-off event and if you're not there, no amount of live TV feed will compensate for that fact - just like being at Wembly for a Cup Final is superior to watching the game from Wembly on the box.

There are 45 other games to choose from which would probably be more entertaining for the TV audience anyway - they're not going to get the Stadium experience in their living room regardless.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
The transport plan for the Stadium will fall apart if they rely on a Sunday service of trains and buses - more to the point why should the travel plans of 22,500 people be inconvenienced for the sake of a few people who would be well enough served by Late Kick-Off and the Football league Show or the local overseas highlights package.

I saw on the Argus website that a lot of exiled fans in other countries were not happy about this - if the game was shown live it wouldn't be convenient for somebody, whatever time zone of the world they tried to time it to suit.

The Stadium is there for the benefit of the paying 'bum on seat' supporter, not for the 'bum on armchair' supporter. The opening fixture is a one-off event and if you're not there, no amount of live TV feed will compensate for that fact - just like being at Wembly for a Cup Final is superior to watching the game from Wembly on the box.

There are 45 other games to choose from which would probably be more entertaining for the TV audience anyway - they're not going to get the Stadium experience in their living room regardless.

None of that is relevent though, if the TV want it, they get it - simple. Having said that, I don't think it will be on, primarily because it's not an attractive prospect for 95% of people who watch footie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here