Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Stevenson starts at the Albion today

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
My only worry would be, that all very thorough this scouting sounds, that a club with a lesser scouting policy may watch the same player 2/3 times then make a move for him before us.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
well we are aren't we?

We haven't had money in ages (thinking getting promoted to the top division years)

We have been in the bottom two tiers of the football league in all but 3 of my 20 or so years watching

We have a new stadium coming, a new academy coming and the potetial to spend shit loads of money to get to The Premier League coming aournd the corner

Yes - but to be called that by Watford .................... aye carumba.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
he is also going in to oversee hinchlewood at the center of exellence and set up the new accadamy im sure a few feathers are going to get ruffled ,bit set in their ways me thinks .

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Interesting, thanks. That's only 32 pages and on a huge star like Michael Owen. Not sure how you'd fill that out on a player like Inigo Calderon for example!

It looks like that document was put together by Owen's people to try and get him signed by someone. Surely the glossy pictures wouldn't be neccessary in a scouting document.

I am not sure how they will fill 40pages myself but it is certainly thorough - no more Turienzos

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
If Bloom is a sucessful gambler he's more likley to take a punt with a player on a good word from a trusted advisor and a bit of "gut-feel" than sitting down and trawling through a 50 page dossier.

If a player is available, often a quick decision is required or someone else will snap them up.

Sounds quality to me but a bit OTT.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
If Bloom is a sucessful gambler he's more likley to take a punt with a player on a good word from a trusted advisor and a bit of "gut-feel" than sitting down and trawling through a 50 page dossier.

If a player is available, often a quick decision is required or someone else will snap them up.

Sounds quality to me but a bit OTT.

Winning at poker's not about gambling on a gut feeling. Bloom's a mathematician- he wins at poker because he understands probabilities. ie. he assesses what he knows and makes a decision based on that info.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
40-50 page dossier and a 6-stage scouting process.

Sounds, err, 'complicated'.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Seems more like a prospector to try and unearth unknown talents that can be added to the squad and maybe offer a good return either by playing or being sold later.

Would suspect that any manager would expect a quicker resolution to any player needed quickly to effect the first teams prospects, especially when seasoned talents can become available and unavailable quite quickly.

The 40-50 6 stage process indicates thoroughness but hardly dynamic identification ...........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here