Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So so so many empty seats at

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
24k in a boring stadium that's a few years old, and you're knocking it?

I'd be bloody pleased if we're getting gates like that in 5/6 years time at this level especially given current times.

Certainly not worth knocking.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
My Dad's got a better car than your Dad.....

Lets face it-the players have better cars than all of us,football wages have outstripped inflation by miles,pay them less,charge us a tenner per game and right now we would need 50,000 seats.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yes-i believe our home average was something in the region of 12,600 when we left the Goldstone-

Reading have shot up from in the region of 7,500 to their current 9,000 odd-

Brighton and a few seasons of crowds over 15,000 should see our average get up to in the region of 13,500-

Look at the mighty,deluded-Palace....35 seasons in the top 2 divisions and their all time average is 15,700....only 4,700 more than us-amazing-i put it down to much larger away support:lolol:

Yes, let's try to put down Crystal Palace while admitting they've had more seasons in the higher echelons of the league and have averaged higher attendances than us! Wise move.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
What isit with you brighton fans? all over a few comments between managers?

Calling us south coast club, scum and whatever is pathetic.

then mocking our attendance.

bless, you cant even fill your stadium right now. You might sell out, but you havent had max capicity as yet.

just to add, because im not a c*nt.... fair play on your start, gus is a good manager

mate , ignore most of it , its gone and done . Was a good bit of banter last year due to battling to go up but was never any genuine needle there. Hopefully we can have another similar battle this year. Well done on your start and no one can doubt SFC are a big club.

All together now, F off Pompey , Pompey F off

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yes, let's try to put down Crystal Palace while admitting they've had more seasons in the higher echelons of the league and have averaged higher attendances than us! Wise move.

It's a fact on both counts,however the so much superior than we,the so much we are so FAR bigger(gate wise),quite clearly is not the case-Palace=deluded,beyond belief.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Look at the mighty,deluded-Palace....35 seasons in the top 2 divisions and their all time average is 15,700....only 4,700 more than us-amazing-i put it down to much larger away support:lolol:

4,700 x 23 games x 35 years

= 3,783,500

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
when you come to town and Leeds & Liverpool-you will see capacity crowds-no away side has brought more than 1,500-Doncaster

It appears that most of our fans can't do simple maths.

Even taking into account gaps in the away end we are still not selling out, let's have something to shout about before obsessing about other clubs.

If we end up on the same points this season as Southampton I will be delighted. They have a decent manager and some very good players, and their youth development system is something to be admired.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
It appears that most of our fans can't do simple maths.

Even taking into account gaps in the away end we are still not selling out, let's have something to shout about before obsessing about other clubs.

If we end up on the same points this season as Southampton I will be delighted. They have a decent manager and some very good players, and their youth development system is something to be admired.

That's wrong .

We are selling out, but not all tickets sold or S/T holders are turning up.

The attendance quoted for a match is based on the numbers who show, but the home areas are definitely being sold out beforehand

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
What a stupid thread. Taking a dig at their attendance when it's bigger than our ground can hold.

Stop making us look like dickheads please.

Indeed...if you want to have a go concentrate on match day recepits , which is far more important i.e. Our 2600? Corporate seats are sold out for the season, how many are they selling per game?? as they prob count something like treble to the revenue, in effect adding equivalent of 5200 to the gate

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We ARE selling out. People are not showing up. However if we get the extra seats and get 24k in the championship thqts a WIN so lets just leave others alone. Unless its Palace of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here