Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So our live tv game with Plymouth will be off ?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
shame

by the end of February we will inevitably have lost top spot but we will I believe have 5 games in hand on Bournemouth and 3 on Huddersfield. That's a lot of games to catch up and how many points I wonder?

this cup run could really come back to haunt us so we had better at least get a mega draw in the next round to compensate.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yeah thats a lot of catching up and it always seems to be home games that get cancelled,shame we can't still play on the monday:lolol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Given the money involved I wonder if the club will try and get it on. After all they have recovery time until the following Saturday and do play 2 games in 3 days over Christmas and Easter.

A further day could result in 'X' number of games in so many days in any case.

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow
Its an ill wind. I'm away that weekend but thought I wouldn't be missing anything. Now, however,...

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
shame

by the end of February we will inevitably have lost top spot but we will I believe have 5 games in hand on Bournemouth and 3 on Huddersfield. That's a lot of games to catch up and how many points I wonder?

this cup run could really come back to haunt us so we had better at least get a mega draw in the next round to compensate.

Why will we inevitably not be top by the end of feb :shrug: personally I think we have a great chance to stay top for a while yet

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
SKY will be showing a game Monday night as there is no PL program that weekend, so they will probably change the match, they must have factored in we're still in the Cup. But our match with Plymouth could be played Tuesday/Wednesday night that week but not be live on SKY.

As for Friday night, well there are only 8 matches in 5th round and probably 3 or 4 will be on live. Depends who we get, Spurs & Arsenal are playing CL on 15th/16th against Milan/Barca so they won't play Friday night, whereas ManU/Chelsea don't play until 22nd/23rd so they might fancy Friday night for an extra day prep.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have a feeling it will stick where it is. Remember Sky run football, so if they have scheduled it that's probably it. Could therefore see the match being played on the Friday or Saturday and then still playing on the Monday night against Plymouth. As someone else said why not, it's only the same as at Christmas, and gives us an extra day after that for the Saturday match.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
On Saturday 23rd April we play home to Southampton and then on Easter Monday 25th April we are away to Colchester.

What's the difference between that and playing our cup game on Saturday 19th Feb, with the Plymouth game as scheduled on Monday 21st Feb (plus an extra few hours with the evening k/o)?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
pretty sure,sky dont cancel games, it will be on

I doubt it unless we draw Chelsea/Everton who are replaying their cup-tie on the 18th.

That is the only way the game will be on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here