Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So McGhee has lost the dressing room has he ?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Last season, a number of Cardiff City players publicly backed Lennie Lawrence after rumours began to circulate that he'd 'lost the dressing room.'

This season, some of those very same players have been publicly praising Dave Jones for the way in which he is now running the club. Several have said how much better the training is by comparison to last season, and how much happier the players are as a result. Team spirit at Ninian Park is said to be much improved.

One of those who had previously praised Lawrence has said recently that the club was a shambles last season.

Football players are almost as fickle as football fans.

They're not fickle. They are just playing the game, doing their best to get on the managers good side and improve their chances. I would say that is more calculating than fickle.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Last season, a number of Cardiff City players publicly backed Lennie Lawrence after rumours began to circulate that he'd 'lost the dressing room.'

This season, some of those very same players have been publicly praising Dave Jones for the way in which he is now running the club. Several have said how much better the training is by comparison to last season, and how much happier the players are as a result. Team spirit at Ninian Park is said to be much improved.

One of those who had previously praised Lawrence has said recently that the club was a shambles last season.

Exactly tLB. Although I'd say they were more fickle to be honest, especially as they are primarily interested in self preservation. Oddly enough, I'll expect a similar article by yet another first teamer if we lose to Crewe 3-0 next weekend.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Locky said:
OK I will accept for the time being McGhee hasn't lost the dressing room.........

I will trust that TLO and Yorkie have it right.....................but expect a " I Told you so" should you be proved wrong.

as long as you buy a drink at the same time ;) :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Difference is that you were underachieving, given the players you had.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: Re: So McGhee has lost the dressing room has he ?

the full harris said:
Well, he's hardly going to have a go at the manager is he?!

Maybe. Maybe not. The point though is that he is a first team regular anyway and is only here until the end of the season so he didn't have to say anything. It makes no odds to him.
Now who am I going to believe. Mcshane who plays regular first team football at the club or the bullshitters on here who just make shit up to support their own agenda?
Hmmm. Tough one.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Similarly, if you believe in these horseshit conspiracies of 'sucking up', McShane could be said to be angling for a permanent move and a longer contract - which maybe he doesn't realise is something which he wouldn't have to convince the club too hard to give him.

Whatever - he seems to like it here.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I fear you have missed my point entirely.

maybe, but McShane has absolutely no reason to back MM unless he wants to, as he's not even a Brighton player.

LDH

Sep 22, 2004
Icy Gull said:
maybe, but McShane has absolutely no reason to back MM unless he wants to, as he's not even a Brighton player.

to make sure he gets first team football
to be seen to be backing a mate of his current boss
to show that he respects authority because, lets face it, slagging off any manager isn't going to help his career
to ensure he keeps his first team place

I fear you have missed my point entirely.

No, but you've missed the point that Paul McShane is a Manchester Utd player, way too good for us and will be on his way soon enough. He really is not under the same pressure to toe any so-called party line as the other players whose entire livelihood depends of what McGhee thinks of them. So he can be regarded as a pretty reliable source in this context.

LDH said:

That's right, he's under real danger of getting dropped, isn't he? :)

Icy Gull said:
Still think he should talk to his United mates who are strikers and see if he can convince them to coming down here for a few months :clap:
Did you notice how him and Eagles were the last two coming off the pitch, in deep conversation.

I did yell at Paul to kick him but he should have done it a lot earlier :down:

E

enigma

I didnt see the match, but watched the highlights and from what I saw looks like we played alright. We lost because of poor finishing and a wonder goal, against a team in 3rd place. Not the sign of a manager losing the team.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
LDH said:
to be seen to be backing a mate of his current boss
to show that he respects authority because, lets face it, slagging off any manager isn't going to help his career

Saying absolutely nothing would have the same result, so why say anything

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
not really suprising, im guessing tyhen at him coming out and telling the board to sack mcghee would not go down too well

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Re: Re: So McGhee has lost the dressing room has he ?

the full harris said:
Well, he's hardly going to have a go at the manager is he?!

Have you read the rest of the thread ?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Uncle Buck said:
He is out for the next 2 games. If Hinsh shows the form of last season, why should he be dropped, possession of the shirt and all that. Unless you bring him back into a 3-5-2 formation, but you said that would not work.
I actually think McShane would be a useful midfielder, so he may get back in the team even if Hinsh has a couple of great games.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here