Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So maybe NOW we can get Darren Currie?!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Tough one, i would have him as a squad player as if we have real aspirations of going up next year we a stronger squad.

How good is Currie now ? Didn't look that great against us this season and maybe this should be a case of never go back

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Matt Spring is the one Luton player I'd be excited about coming here.

Agree with that.

The rest of the clearout appears to be all old players that are well past their best in a team that, let's face it has been shit all season.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Luton fan I work with reckons Currie was on £15K per month. Quite rightly, Luton are clearing out all their high earners to rebuild!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How good is Currie now ? Didn't look that great against us this season and maybe this should be a case of never go back

Not actually true though, is it.

The game at Withdean, he was head and shoulders above any other Luton player, and better than most of ours.

I didn't go to Luton, but heard goo reports of his performance there too.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I'd take him as a sqaud player, as it seems we will be letting quite a few players go.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Not actually true though, is it.

The game at Withdean, he was head and shoulders above any other Luton player, and better than most of ours.

I didn't go to Luton, but heard goo reports of his performance there too.

Is in my opinion, can't actually remember him putting in one good cross, most were far to close to Kuipers. Hit first defender with a couple of corners as well.

And he only got on for half an hour at Luton as started on the bench

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is in my opinion, can't actually remember him putting in one good cross, most were far to close to Kuipers. Hit first defender with a couple of corners as well.

I think you're remembering it as you choose to remember it.
He had an excellent game at Withdean. He put in loads of decent crosses from set pieces and open play, and went very close with a free kick. I know I for one, was worried when he had the ball.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If you really care, I'm sure there will be a thread about him from the day of the game, when people's views and memories were fresher.

I would offer him a contract for his set pieces alone. How many attacking corners do we end up defending?

I'm not sure who's fault it actually was - but 99% of his amazing set pieces ended up going straight into the arms of the keepers.

So, what use is that? And can a team afford to carry a player who's not essentially all that great in any other department?

I hope that if we are going to look at useful players, they'll be younger ones who will still have the capacity to learn what the rest of the team need from them, and not expect the players to adjust their games to him.

Thankyou

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I think you're remembering it as you choose to remember it.
He had an excellent game at Withdean. He put in loads of decent crosses from set pieces and open play, and went very close with a free kick. I know I for one, was worried when he had the ball.

Not really, is all about opinions though.

I never said he was crap, in fact if u read my orginal post i said i would have him as a squad member. BUT he wasn't that good against us, sure is always a threat from set pieces but in open play was far to busy moaning at his teammates and i believe he is a worse player than when we had him before

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
no more than a squad player because of his age (unlikely to play or last every game) and if that salary is right we couldn't afford him on that basis

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If you really care, I'm sure there will be a thread about him from the day of the game, when people's views and memories were fresher.

I think B Block is talking about the AWAY Luton game!?

He didn't get into that game atall and was a failure with his crosses...

All the same i'd def get him back here... Apart from BECKHAM he's the best LIVE crosser i've seen of the ball...

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
He could come back to the Albion now that free bus travel is England -wide for the over sixties.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Yes please to Currie. Doesn't matter that he's not lightening quick - he never was - that's not the point. He is a highly skilful play maker, excellent passer and delivers a good set peice. Also good to have some experience in a young squad. Would be a good free signing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes please to Currie. Doesn't matter that he's not lightening quick - he never was - that's not the point. He is a highly skilful play maker, excellent passer and delivers a good set peice. Also good to have some experience in a young squad. Would be a good free signing.

In one.

I am pretty sure he WILL be coming back, so the moaners may as well get their gripes out of the way now. We know what we will get from him, and we know that some people on here are going to be on his back, because he doesn't run around like Tommy Fraser.

If lazy Currie crosses 15 times next season for lazy Murray to nod in, I'll be pretty happy.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
In one.

I am pretty sure he WILL be coming back, so the moaners may as well get their gripes out of the way now. We know what we will get from him, and we know that some people on here are going to be on his back, because he doesn't run around like Tommy Fraser.

If lazy Currie crosses 15 times next season for lazy Murray to nod in, I'll be pretty happy.

Nor does he cross the ball like Fraser does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here