Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So... Just To Recap What We Know About The STH+3'ers

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I hardly think a 8yr season ticket holder assuming they should get priority over someone who has never been to game before to be over-inflated. Perfectly reasonable gripe if you ask me.

Seriously I think some people need to top panicing. What are the chances that someone who has "never been to a game before" is suddenly going to decide to shell out £400 on a season ticket. The people who take up the +3 option are more likely to be Albion fans who do go to games and spend money in the club shop etc but just haven't wanted a season ticket at Withers.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
As I mentioned elsewhere I think having just +1 would have meant in reality the average take up per STH would be well below 1. This would mean the club would be way below it's projected target for initial ST sales and would have been seen as a missed opportunity. Using +3 the take up is likely to be between 1 and 1.5 per STH, possibly more. As much as I sympathise with some of the more reasonable concerns expressed I still think it is a reasonable compromise between rewarding loyalty and encouraging new support. If I'm wrong and we end up with thousands of STH's who didn't get anywhere near the seat they wanted I'll admit somthing went wrong, but I can't see that happening.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
People saying things like there are 9000 people in front of them in the queue, there really aren't. Not every STH is gonna use the option, those that do aren't all going to use three, they're all going to go different places, there should be plenty of places for everyone, I'll be amazed if there's not (and if it happens, THEN get hysterical, not because it theoretically could but probably not).

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
If I get an under 18 ticket for my lad but on occasions he cannot make a game and an over 18 uses his ticket is there a facility to "upgrade" the seat for that game to an adult?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If I get an under 18 ticket for my lad but on occasions he cannot make a game and an over 18 uses his ticket is there a facility to "upgrade" the seat for that game to an adult?

Yes. The system is 'contact the ticket office'. It is currently in place and will still be available at falmer. You will of course have to pay the difference.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
On reflection I reckon most +3's (from the 1901 & Priority 1 allowance) will probably already be in the Priority 4 category.

Most Priority 2s (litter patrollers, A&K contributors etc) are probably already Priority 1s anyway. Im sure this was created for Brett alone as he isnt a Priority 1 (based on STH years) and is a media whore/club helper.

So essentially in the main I reckon MOST +3's will be STHs of some sort anyway, at worst regular visitors to Withers or away games.

There will be some J C Ls but not as many as people think.

Im happy to be proved wrong but I really dont think that will be the case.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
People are also forgetting that a fair proportion of the priority one's have taken the 1901 option. I know of 10 myself, so there must be a fair few amongst the priority one's. I doubt many of these will be using this STH+3

Let's do some maths. All based on complete SURMISE.

Assume 2,000 people in priority Group 1 (probably less).

Assume that 20 per cent of these have bought into a 1901 Club option. This leaves 1,600 people in priority Group 1.

Assume that the average number of 'friends and family' that will buy a season ticket in the Priority Group 1 + 3 deal is 1.5 per STH.

This means that 4,000 Season Tickets will be shifted at this first stage.

These will be spread around 3 stands in the ground. That's an average of 1,333 seats sold in each stand. Most of these will be in the East and West Stands - meaning that about 1,000 seats in the North Stand (the smallest) will have been sold at this first stage.

It also means that MOST of the seats in all three stands WON'T have been sold in the first tranche of selling.

This whole binfest is just like what happened when seats went on sale for the play-off final in Cardiff. NSC was "reliably" informed by several scaremongers that "if you don't get in the queue before 10.00am, you won't get a ticket". Utter TOSH. Everyone who wanted a ticket got one. Even those who applied by post or phone or who walked into the ticket office several days late got one.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Let's do some maths. All based on complete SURMISE.

Assume 2,000 people in priority Group 1 (probably less).

Assume that 20 per cent of these have bought into a 1901 Club option. This leaves 1,600 people in priority Group 1.

Assume that the average number of 'friends and family' that will buy a season ticket in the Priority Group 1 + 3 deal is 1.5 per STH.

This means that 4,000 Season Tickets will be shifted at this first stage.

These will be spread around 3 stands in the ground. That's an average of 1,333 seats sold in each stand. Most of these will be in the East and West Stands - meaning that about 1,000 seats in the North Stand (the smallest) will have been sold at this first stage.

It also means that MOST of the seats in all three stands WON'T have been sold in the first tranche of selling.

This whole binfest is just like what happened when seats went on sale for the play-off final in Cardiff. NSC was "reliably" informed by several scaremongers that "if you don't get in the queue before 10.00am, you won't get a ticket". Utter TOSH. Everyone who wanted a ticket got one. Even those who applied by post or phone or who walked into the ticket office several days late got one.

Well, Let's say that your calculations are about accurate. I would like to go in the north stand but my appointment is not till 4th Feb as a cat 4. By that time a possible 1000 of the 2500 may have been sold as you say. Not a problem you may think BUT those 1000 would obviously have taken the central and back row seats leaving the lower to the front seats left over. I know I am being a bit petulant here but yes it would f*** me off to know that sitting in the better places seats in the north stand is a selection of JCLs, newbies and part timers.

In the grand scheme of things it isn't important but I have to be honest and say that it would piss me off a bit.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Well, Let's say that your calculations are about accurate. I would like to go in the north stand but my appointment is not till 4th Feb as a cat 4. By that time a possible 1000 of the 2500 may have been sold as you say. Not a problem you may think BUT those 1000 would obviously have taken the central and back row seats.

Not everyone likes being at the back, some like to be near the front, and if the north stand is behind the goal,they would probably want to go to the side to see past the goal.

It may surprise people, but there are people in blocks A, B, C, D, H, J who chose those blocks, because being in the centre at the back isn't everyone's preferred area.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
It's all swings and roundabouts really...

I'm a priority 4, but booked into the very first P4 presentation. Season ticket holder for 2 years, so have jumped ahead of the 8 year STH etc. But those with 9 years+ can parachute 3 more in. Which I reckon evens it out for me.

I'd like to sit in either the North Stand, but not front few rows, or anywhere in West Lower, not front few rows. As a 3rd priority, East Stand ( again not too far forward). I'm sure that I'll have over 1000 seats which meet my requirements. Will be sitting with another STH mate, and not taking up any +3s.

:amex: :amex: :amex:

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Well, Let's say that your calculations are about accurate. I would like to go in the north stand but my appointment is not till 4th Feb as a cat 4. By that time a possible 1000 of the 2500 may have been sold as you say. Not a problem you may think BUT those 1000 would obviously have taken the central and back row seats leaving the lower to the front seats left over. I know I am being a bit petulant here but yes it would f*** me off to know that sitting in the better places seats in the north stand is a selection of JCLs, newbies and part timers.

In the grand scheme of things it isn't important but I have to be honest and say that it would piss me off a bit.
You'll only be able to get a beer at half time if you're at the FRONT of the north stand.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I don't think many will go from the standing start of being previously a sporadic fan to a season ticket in one jump and I suspect a lot of fans who become part of the +3 for priority one people are probably lower priority STHs or fairly consistent fans who buy on a match by match basis.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be honest Wilko the more I think about it the more Im tempted to the West innit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here