Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, just how many car parking spaces do we have?

Trying to calculate the number to include:-

1901 at the stadium
Disabled at stadium
VIP and other at stadium
All 3 park and ride venues
On Road parking within a miles walk
Other Pay car parks, inc the Uni and other possible private ones.

2200 i believe!
ALL of them to be pre-booked and "expensive".

If the Travel Voucher scheme is introduced in the way it was originally outlined, all of the Park & Ride spaces will also have to be pre-paid (although buying a Voucher won't guarantee that a space is available when you turn up).

There are 1,570 P&R spaces available in total, btw.

Well there is one more available from me. I used the Mill Road P+R last time, but from Shoreham the train is much better now.

Just want to know what will be the situation with the vouchers - news on this is dragging!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
2004 parking spaces 'close' to the stadium. Maybe 1000 or so will be available to regular fans - pre-booked only and probably £20 a go.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Random thoughts.

No matter how you look at it access to the stadium is an issue and in a way I'm glad I won't be there for the early games as it stands to be pretty chaotic. I'm sure home fans will quickly sort out what works best although it looks like even optimum use of public transport will be too much for the existing road infrastructure which is a worry. Factor-in away fans who don't have a clue and who roll up late and we could be getting a great deal of flack from other clubs over coming months and it certainly won't do to get there late. Thank heavens for a supporters' bar and decent catering.

Getting away from the ground is another thing entirely and it isn't going to be a happy experience for many people especially for night matches.

When I do get to see a home game I'm guessing that things will have settled down and local "entrepreneurs" (is that what they call farmers these days?) will have opened up their fields as carparks. Do they need a licence if it's not tarmacced or can they just open the gate? Lord B will know I'm sure.

Still as it stands I suspect I will look to park somewhere up-line from Falmer and get the train down on the basis it should be less presured than the downline to Brighton. Because we have to cope with my wife's limited mobility walking too far is out of the question.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
should also remember that plenty will park 'nearby' and walk to the ground, just like at around, ooh, 91 other football stadiums In England. Football fans are pretty resourceful when it comes this subject, I really don't see it being a problem after a teething period. Our ground isn't even as big as places like Derby, SCC, OT, Anfield and many many others, and they have fewer parking spaces than we will, and in many cases no P&R schemes and stations that are further away. It's going to take some getting used to, but it really isn't something we should be getting knickers in a twist over like several people on here seem to be. Try visiting a few other stadiums, see how it works there, then stop panicking.

Still as it stands I suspect I will look to park somewhere up-line from Falmer and get the train down on the basis it should be less presured than the downline to Brighton. Because we have to cope with my wife's limited mobility walking too far is out of the question.

If I were you, I'd contact the club about access for disabled attendees when, or maybe before, you purchase any tickets.
I've recently written formally under the Disabilty and Equality Act, following advice from MacMillan, CAB, EOC and even Insider(!). To date, all I've had back is an auto response acknowledgement. I'll PM you if/when I unexpectedly hear something useful.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
It doesn't help that there are fewer parking spaces available on the University of Sussex campus for evening matches. 800 instead of 1100.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
should also remember that plenty will park 'nearby' and walk to the ground, just like at around, ooh, 91 other football stadiums In England. Football fans are pretty resourceful when it comes this subject, I really don't see it being a problem after a teething period. Our ground isn't even as big as places like Derby, SCC, OT, Anfield and many many others, and they have fewer parking spaces than we will, and in many cases no P&R schemes and stations that are further away. It's going to take some getting used to, but it really isn't something we should be getting knickers in a twist over like several people on here seem to be. Try visiting a few other stadiums, see how it works there, then stop panicking.

fair points but there is a significant difference in our rural location which will make parking nearby much more of an issue than at stadiums located in a town/city or on an industrial estate. As you rightly suggest though the problems will be overcome by regular attendees. Where issues may remain is for away fans travelling independantly and, more generally, whether the current road infrastructure will cope.

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
. If i want to panic, i'll shall panic. In fact i'm panicking already! I live in Southwick, and have to be in Worthing for work by 6pm Saturdays. Contemplating park and ride at Mill Road, the train, the football special buses from Shoreham, when i have more details on where they actually stop, or maybe just take a chance on parking somewhere closeish.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
If I were you, I'd contact the club about access for disabled attendees when, or maybe before, you purchase any tickets.
I've recently written formally under the Disabilty and Equality Act, following advice from MacMillan, CAB, EOC and even Insider(!). To date, all I've had back is an auto response acknowledgement. I'll PM you if/when I unexpectedly hear something useful.

Thank you.
I have made enquiries but as you suggest the club aren't geared up to responding yet - I suspect things are pretty frantic behind the scenes just now :)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
2004 parking spaces 'close' to the stadium. Maybe 1000 or so will be available to regular fans - pre-booked only and probably £20 a go.

Which would make it likely that each car is likely to have more people in it. £4 each for parking for a full car is reasonable in comparison to other transport options. A predicted 4 - 5000 people by car is still a big chunk of the 22k attendance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here