Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So just got back from Spain last night...

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
...and heard some very interesting news out there.

Staying with my uncle, who is a big Villarreal fan, he was talking to me about seeing an Albion scout at a Villarreal game and was wondering if I heard of any rumours about signing one of thier `B` players - news to me I replied - his friend however, was saying that they were focussing their mind on Villarreal striker, Airam Lopez Carbrera.

Apparently this guy is showing some strong promise amongst the Villarreal coaching staff, though only played 9 games due to a series of injuries, and maybe reluctant to let him go.

From what my uncle's friend told me, we want him on a trial to take him to the Algarve with us, so he says.

Looking on Wikipedia, he shows a good goalscoring record, particularly during his time at Tenerife. Must be worth a good shout, I thought.

Has anyone else heard about this? He sounds promising. :clap2:

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
20100914dasdasftb_92.jpg

Sounds very promising if true, shows we're getting an in depth look all around europe as opposed to a quick scan through the top goalscorers in league 2 like in previous seasons!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'd prefer we focus primarily next season on players who have already *cough* adapted to the English game at Championship level rather than ones that primarily a) speak Spanish and b) could be anything :shrug:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'd prefer we focus primarily next season on players who have already *cough* adapted to the English game at Championship level rather than ones that primarily a) speak Spanish and b) could be anything :shrug:
Actually these sort of players would suit our style of play compared to others,i think a few spaniards would be greatttttt.:)

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009

Do you mean like Inigo Calderon?

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand

Think the video shown below your comment shows he may be very useful in adapting to our sort of football :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Actually these sort of players would suit our style of play compared to others,i think a few spaniards would be greatttttt.:)

I think our style of play will have to evolve next season. We need a more physical approach to go with the passing game. In short, we need a Plan B. We're a bit easy to get on the back foot against a team that decides to attack us. Like Stoke. Or Carlisle.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think our style of play will have to evolve next season. We need a more physical approach to go with the passing game. In short, we need a Plan B. We're a bit easy to get on the back foot against a team that decides to attack us. Like Stoke. Or Carlisle.

.................or Dagenham, Southampton, Huddersfield........

Quite right. But that is in midfield and defence.

Meanwhile Mr Lopez appears to have many of the attributes that we might benefit from up front and if we get him and if he adapts could be very exciting (and before anyone says - any player whether he comes from just up the road or the other side of the world it is always a case of IF they adapt)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Edit: ignore was speaking rubish

Ha ha! I think that was Chris Wood. They seem to have a similar physique.

Interesting on that vid that he was used to playing in an athletics stadium with limited atmosphere - he would be able to swop stories with our lot :)

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
He's left footed! Not sure whether you can compare the standard he has been playing at with what we will face. However if there is any truth in this and Gus gives him a trial, then "In Gus We Trust!"

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
...and heard some very interesting news out there.

Good rumour! This is the kind of rumour I like to hear.

Perhaps that's why we want to take him on trial? If the rumour is true it means he has a) been scouted and deemed to have something about him so now b)the club want to have a closer look. No harm in that, surely?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not only in Gus we Trust but also this chief scout we now have from Watford (John ***... forgot his surname)... seemed to do a good job with his previous remit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here