Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So I've got all these pro-hunting signs in my boot ....

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
One of their main spokesmen/leaders today is:

Captain Ian Farquhar, the master of Gloucestershire's Beaufort

that says it all!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You know, I've stood outside of the Conference Centre for the last two days. I've had loads of cvonversations with the Police for whom I have total respect thank to ... Well, you've heard it all before.

The Police are expecting trouble and so am I sadly. I felt it was in my best interests to stay away and I would have the utmost difficulty in keeping calm when one of these utter wankers got in my face (believe me there's no shortage of confrontational idiots there already).

Shame on me I suppose but shame on them too.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
On the Left Wing said:
One of their main spokesmen/leaders today is:

Captain Ian Farquhar, the master of Gloucestershire's Beaufort

that says it all!

Oh I'm sorry but it has to be said -

Stupid Farquhar !

Last edited:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
GUNTER said:
As one labour MP said on TV this morning, they can use a drag instead of a fox, the chase is the same, it's just an innocent animal does not get ripped to shreds at the end of it.

Fox hunting is a barbaric sport enjoyed by a tiny minority. Fantastic work removing these obnoxious signs.

I don't agree with hunting Transvestites either :(

Lush

Mods' Pet
caz99 said:
:clap:

i do feel slight for the few geniune countryside residents (meaning the few that live outside london) that will see a downfall in income and loss of jobs.

From what I saw outside the Brighton Centre today, the "staff" had been left behind to take care of the crops and cattle, while the hunting toffs, the ladies in Barbours and their horrific public school sons and daughters in their tweed caps and rugger-bugger shirts went out for the day.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
If you think about it in a logical manner, Fox hunting is the only leagal blood sport. Bear hunting, cock fighting, etc. have all been banned, and were so many many years ago.

What gives this "country folk" the right to "cull" the fox population by tearing a poor defenceless animal apart, with trained hounds???

They often us the excuse about culling the population, but they go on one hunt every "I don't know how often". Yet more foxes are killed by being run over, so surely if they wanted to cull the numbers they should just drive their immacualte 4x4's a bit more!!!

And as for claiming they care for the countryside, I grew up near Selmeston and I can assure you, having both parents and grandparents who were farmers, they are the bain of all farm workers life. To the point of complete hate.

Grrrrr!!!!!!! :angry: :censored:

P.S. If you need something to do with the banners, give them to one of the Lewes Bonfire Societies. They could use them as a bit of firewood for November 5th.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
bhafc4eva said:
Thats not very nice of you, if the nimbys started taking down our falmer signs we wouldn't like it.

Funny you should say that, as whilst on the mid-night run putting up the bridge banners in support of the 'YES, YES' vote for the referendum we came across a "Falmer For Foxes" banner.

This was removed, had some snaps taken with us and said banner and it now lives in the loft...I will bring it along to the first game at Falmer.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing-Shrewsbury BHA

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
caz99 said:

the majority of them are snobby arrogant wankers and they deserve to have it banned. i for one can't wait to see their faces. i do feel slight for the few geniune countryside residents (meaning the few that live outside london) that will see a downfall in income and loss of jobs.

I'm pretty sure those you tar with the same brush have the same opinion of Footy fans. There's a lot of hypocrisy on NSC at the moment regarding the fox-hunting subject. Just because its seen as the pasttime of those in the upper classes don't lump them all together. From many of the protests you can see genuine country folk, those who look like they work the land for a living aswell as ordinary looking folk taking part. From yesterday's Falmer march we saw all walks of life taking part under a united banner of needing our stadium, the same can be said for those wanting to keep fox-hunting.

Bringing up the violence arguement doesn't wash much either. As footy fans we are surely in the best position to judge those events as we've been there and seen it before under the guise of our own sport. Its the mindless minority who cannot contain themselves and so look for trouble. The majority of people there were there for peaceful reasons to legitimately voice their protest under a democratic regime. Just because you don't necessarily agree with them doesn't mean they should be labelled tossers, wankers, twats etc.

Grizz

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
goldstone said:
The Warninglid overpass over the A23 was covered with countryside alliance "fight the ban" signs on Sunday morning no doubt in the hope they'd be seen by labour party conference delegates on their way to Brighton.

I removed them all, as well as three or four more attached to road signs in Warninglid village.

I figured they probably have the right to put them up, but I have an equal right to take them down!

I don't get really fired up about too many things, but I am 100% against fox hunting. One simple reason. No one should get enjoyment out of chasing and killing anything. If foxes have to be culled, then fine, do it. But to make killing an animal the central reason for a sport is barbaric. Nuff said.

So what should I do with all the signs?? I guess I could sell them to the demonstrators down in Brighton today!!!

Respect to you.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Grizz said:
From many of the protests you can see genuine country folk, those who look like they work the land for a living aswell as ordinary looking folk taking part.

Don't talk rubbish!!!!

They're just in fancy dress. Trust me, most true country folk don't want hunting! Just pop into your local village hall and ask them.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
If Chrystal Palace fans had put "pro-Palace" signs up on the A23 and you'd taken them down, I would have applauded you cos, despite the fact I believe in free speech, I don't believe in Palace.

I don't believe in foxhunting either, so the only logical conclusion is a big :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here