Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So I've got all these pro-hunting signs in my boot ....

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The Warninglid overpass over the A23 was covered with countryside alliance "fight the ban" signs on Sunday morning no doubt in the hope they'd be seen by labour party conference delegates on their way to Brighton.

I removed them all, as well as three or four more attached to road signs in Warninglid village.

I figured they probably have the right to put them up, but I have an equal right to take them down!

I don't get really fired up about too many things, but I am 100% against fox hunting. One simple reason. No one should get enjoyment out of chasing and killing anything. If foxes have to be culled, then fine, do it. But to make killing an animal the central reason for a sport is barbaric. Nuff said.

So what should I do with all the signs?? I guess I could sell them to the demonstrators down in Brighton today!!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'd take them down to the sea front and burn them. Great work Goldstone :)

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
Excellent work!:clap2:

Build a bonfire
Build a bonfire
put the huntsmen in the middle
and burn the fecking lot!

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Thats not very nice of you, if the nimbys started taking down our falmer signs we wouldn't like it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
bhafc4eva said:
Thats not very nice of you, if the nimbys started taking down our falmer signs we wouldn't like it.

Well, anytime that we attempt to take over parliment or commit any other acts of civil disorder you'll be able to lump us in the the Countryside Alliance.

It's clear from the many conversations I had with the Police yesterday they are clearly expecting trouble today whereas they were all very pleased with our behaviour .

Fox hunting disgusts the vast majoriy of people in this country and if a democratically elected government decides to stop it then that's the law.

Last edited:

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
:clap2:

Banning fox hunting = the will of the majority = the correct route for Democracy.

Building Falmer = the will of the majority = the correct route for Democracy.

larus

Comedy Steve said:
:clap2:

Banning fox hunting = the will of the majority = the correct route for Democracy.

Building Falmer = the will of the majority = the correct route for Democracy.

Sorry to be pedantic, but it depends on your position.

Assume you live in Falmer, is it the will of the majority for the stadium; I doubt it.

Assume you live in the countryside (and have done for generations and not some town boy who wants a country retreat), is it the will of the majority. Again, I doubt it.

I don't approve of fox hunting, but I don't approve of the mentatility of "I think I'm right, therefore you must be wrong".

If we remove all minority interests because we don't understand them, Britain will be a worse place for it. The culture in this country of animal rights has gone too far, with animal rights protestors targetting scientists (and their families) who do research into cancer, etc.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
larus said:
Sorry to be pedantic, but it depends on

If we remove all minority interests because we don't understand them, Britain will be a worse place for it. The culture in this country of animal rights has gone too far, with animal rights protestors targetting scientists (and their families) who do research into cancer, etc.

what about the culture of the fox hunters, breaking into parliament, breaking the law. and just about to cause havoc in our city

they are prize wankers

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
larus said:
Sorry to be pedantic, but it depends on your position.

Assume you live in the countryside (and have done for generations and not some town boy who wants a country retreat), is it the will of the majority.

Just for the record, I've lived in the countryside virtually all my life. My father was a farmer and he too was totally opposed to fox hunting. His reasons were somewhat different to mine though. In his view huntsmen were arrogant bastards who rampaged through the countryside knocking down fences, leaving gates open and trampling crops and generally not giving a damn about the farmland they were riding through.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
goldstone said:
Just for the record, I've lived in the countryside virtually all my life. My father was a farmer and he too was totally opposed to fox hunting. His reasons were somewhat different to mine though. In his view huntsmen were arrogant bastards who rampaged through the countryside knocking down fences, leaving gates open and trampling crops and generally not giving a damn about the farmland they were riding through.

I agree with you 100%. Condoning the needless killing of any living creature cannot be camoflaged behind the slogan of human rights or rights of the minority.

On that basis we perhaps should have let Hitler and Himmler continue their experiments and genocide of Jews, Gypsies, gays, the mentally subnormal etc etc, as it was their right to do so!!!!!

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
goldstone said:

I've met several farmers in the past and virtually all hold the same opinion. The fact that they have weakened their cause by the violence a fournight ago is another matter but still relevent. I might also mention that many have seen film fottage of mounted hunters attacking hunt sabeteurs. I would bet my pension that arrests will be made today although the feeling I get from conversations I had yesterday is that the Police will not be holding back.

There is absolutely no comparrision with the Hunt fraternity and us.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
goldstone said:

:clap:

i agree i unfortunately work in arundel where the majority of residents are tory toff residents i also happen to work with a lady who was most disgusted that i didn't approved of fox hunting. she also thought it was great that the twat toffs managed to get into parliament.

i also chatted to a rather handsome copper last night who said they were dreading today and were telling people to keep away from brighton unless they really need to come in

the majority of them are snobby arrogant wankers and they deserve to have it banned. i for one can't wait to see their faces. i do feel slight for the few geniune countryside residents (meaning the few that live outside london) that will see a downfall in income and loss of jobs.

however time moves on and so must we.
ban it

well done for taking the banners down.

Minghawk

Jul 5, 2003
so if someone doesn't have the same opinion as you, stop them making their views known?

it's called freedom of speech my friend,
taking down some signs is a pretty juvenile and immature act.

for the record, I don't agree with fox hunting, and am quite happy to see it banned.

I think more and more people are taking to demonstrations because of the government's continual 'nanny-ing' of the population - god help those who don't agree with tony and his chums.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well, okay somebody took down the Countryside Alliance placrads, the Police took ours down along the A23.

Have we ever advocated public disobedience ? I don't think so. Most people in the country couldn't give a toss whether we get a new stadium or not but I think you'll find the same majority are very much in favour of a ban on fox hunting.

I should say that while I'm sorry for those people who will lose their jobs I wonder just how many Hunt supporters stood up for others who lost their jobs through change of circumstances, like the miners for instance.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
As one labour MP said on TV this morning, they can use a drag instead of a fox, the chase is the same, it's just an innocent animal does not get ripped to shreds at the end of it.

Fox hunting is a barbaric sport enjoyed by a tiny minority. Fantastic work removing these obnoxious signs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here