Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So its Official! We are trying for the Premiership THIS YEAR!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Interview with Vicente on Official Site:

Albion signing Vicente Rodriguez is excited by the prospect of adding a new chapter to his illustrious career in Brighton.

The former Valencia and Spain winger, who is decorated with La Liga, Uefa Cup and Copa del Rey winner's medals already has an impressive CV but, after signing for the Seagulls earlier today, is looking to add to that under the guidance of Gus Poyet in England.

He told segaulls.co.uk, "It's a new chapter for me. I had a very good career at Valencia where I won trophies with the team and individually, and played 40 times for Spain, but I'm very motivated to begin a new part of my career here in England.

"Playing in England is something I've wanted to do. I've achieved a lot, but for many years I've watched the Premier League and followed English football. It's very important that Brighton has given me that chance to start playing again.

"I hope to play very well and to help the team get into the best position this season; then if possible, become a Premier League player with this club."

Vicente hails the influence of his new manager, Gus Poyet, and chairman, Tony Bloom, on bringing the 30-year-old to Brighton.

"I'm happy to be here and now I have a very good chance to play in England. The confidence that I get from Gus Poyet and the chairman is very important to me.

"I spoke to Gus and he explained the kind of offensive, attacking football that Brighton play. That suits me and I feel very confident here.

"Yesterday when I went on to the pitch at the stadium I was really happy and convinced that I want to play games for Brighton.

"Last season I was fit but didn't play much for Valencia because the coach selected other players, but I'm motivated to play here. Hopefully I will become an important player for Brighton and I want to bring success for the fans.

"It's very important that together with Gus, his team of coaches and the other players, we reach the Premier League together."

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
thats the kind of talk i like to hear, come on seagulls!!!!

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Er not quite -

"I hope to play very well and to help the team get into the best position this season; then if possible, become a Premier League player with this club."

This suggests prem NEXT season surely?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
As much as I refuse to believe it, we do indeed appear to be having a real go this season, absolutely unbelieveable!

This squad has so much attacking depth it's ridiculous and if Adam and Tommy get back to full fitness soon we should be ok at the back. If we can get through the rest of this month still in a strong position, I shall begin to believe just that little bit more.

Looks I picked a bad time to get skint and give up away games for the near future.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Er not quite -

This suggests prem NEXT season surely?

Well its too late for this season, the leagues are already underway :jester:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Is this really happening, I mean really happening? Who on earth do we think we are, strolling into the Chamionship occupying top spot, signing Vicente!! Oh my days

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Glad I took 22/1 £10 on pre season.. Odds are currently tumbling..

TonyTownersShorts

Jan 26, 2010
what an awesome statement to sign a top notch international - I hope we stuff Palace and Saints this year and Mr Atkins is humiliated into the bargain (I really do not like that man...)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here