Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So it's official - 7 points is the margin that all Nigels need to grow a pair

What with the sudden influx of new and returning Nigels to this board we now know that a minimum of 7 points advantage is what they require before crawling out of the woodwork with any confidence - which is a compliment to our superiority.

Shame that so many of them will have disappeared by the end of the season :lolol:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I do wish you would stop littering these boards with your obsession with Palace. very cringe worthy.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I do wish you would stop littering these boards with your obsession with Palace. very cringe worthy.

He did the same on the bbs but they had the good grace to ban him twice ! He has problems .

Says the man who over the last month has put up threads, on a football forum, including -

Gary Glitter Dead
Who has got my deeds?
Got an iphone but need help
Where have All The Birds Gone?

God love ya P_S !:lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The promotion year we weren't supposed to be obsessed with Southampton, now we're not supposed to be obsessed with Palace. I think it's great that they take us seriously again and sometimes being above them and sometimes being below just winds up the rivalry. What's not to like?

Who should we be obsessed with? Maybe we should be like Charlton. a club nobody gives a shit about? I think not.

Not so long ago it was Orient and Southend, I'll take the Palace obsession.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As the word 'pikey' is deemed a racial slur, please desist.

Caravan Dwellers is fine though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pikey's is a stupid nickname, it makes no sense whatsoever. What have Palace fans got to do with gyppo's ? A nickname has got to have some grounding in a specific reason or generally agreed stereotype.

Obviously we're all BUMDERS, as well as being 'weed', which is fair enough. But pikey is just a generic term used as an insult, it doesn't really have any real link with Palace. You might as well just call them all wankers (which they are), but its a bit unimaginative.

I'm not overly keen on 'Nigels' either, which is a bit rubbish. Its all rather unsatisfactory and needs addressing. We need a PROPER generalised term for Palace fans.

Arsonists ?

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Pikey's is a stupid nickname, it makes no sense whatsoever. What have Palace fans got to do with gyppo's ? A nickname has got to have some grounding in a specific reason or generally agreed stereotype.

Obviously we're all BUMDERS, as well as being 'weed', which is fair enough. But pikey is just a generic term used as an insult, it doesn't really have any real link with Palace. You might as well just call them all wankers (which they are), but its a bit unimaginative.

I'm not overly keen on 'Nigels' either, which is a bit rubbish. Its all rather unsatisfactory and needs addressing. We need a PROPER generalised term for Palace fans.

Arsonists ?

Pikey also refer's to people of low social class. sums it up for me

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Arsonists ?

Unfortunately C N UT and W@NKER is frowned upon by the google paymasters.

Which is a real shame. As those two words summed them up NICELY

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks

Arsonists ?

Personally i like the term cashew - cashew nuts - c_nt washes. And complete bunch of them they are

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As do most, doesn't stop it being a racial slur though.
The origin of a word very much affects whether or not it's a racial slur. If a word exists to insult people, and that word later also becomes used as a racial slur, that doesn't make it a racial slur when the word is used in it's original context. When used against Palace fans, who are not from a race of people associated with the slur, the word is used to suggest they are an underclass. Quite different to when Spurs fans are called yids (because many Jewish people do support Spurs, and yid doesn't have another meaning).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here