Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So how many games does the NEW guy get ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
15 games in then, Slade is sacked.
So by my reckoning, the next 15 League games, assuming someone is in place by the 14th, takes us to Orient away (6th Feb), which is where (ironically) Slade first took charge.

Does the next get get until February to sort this out ?
Just asking.

Last edited:

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I think it's ridiculous, we're going through more managers than bloody Newcastle.

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
As long as the new manager makes sure Brighton ends up in the bottom 4 most fans will be supportive it seems.. shame someone like Tony Bloom has some ambition.. cancel falmer.. withdean forever.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I don't agree with you on this one Easy not at all. Slade had to go. 3 wins in 17 was pathetic. It is best to draw a line under it and sack him sooner rather than later before we were marooned at the bottom and staring division 4 football in the face. I am glad Bloom has been bold and not let this drag on unnecessarily longer than it should like Adams last season and Hishelwood when we lost 10 league games in a row and if we had got Copppell in after 6 of those defeats would probably have stayed up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
8 managers in 8 years.

Maybe we should give any candidates 15 games on FM2010 and whoever wins the most games gets HIRED!!

It looks awful but that was under DK's stewardship.

Coppell please.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't agree with you on this one Easy not at all. Slade had to go. 3 wins in 17 was pathetic. It is best to draw a line under it and sack him sooner rather than later before we were marooned at the bottom and staring division 4 football in the face. I am glad Bloom has been bold and not let this drag on unnecessarily longer than it should like Adams last season and Hishelwood when we lost 10 league games in a row and if we had got Copppell in after 6 of those defeats would probably have stayed up.

You havn't answered the question though.
If by February 6th results have not improved, are we looking for another new manager again ?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
New Guy: In or Out?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
You know, Dario Gradi came in to Crewe in 1983, and they finished 16th in the old 4th division.

Today, 26 years later, after retiring twice, he's interim manager for the second time, and Crewe are 15th in League Two, or the 4th division.

Gradi out!

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No one's really answered the question (apart from Stat Brother's tongue-in-cheek response). However, with respect to Easy, I think the question we should be asking is how long has the new man got - once the going gets rough. The club obviously aren't going to sack him if the results are going ok (yes I know they did with Wilkins but lets hope they've learnt THAT little lesson), but once things start going a bit pear-shaped or progress isn't as quick as some would like THEN how long as he got?

As a club our level of tolerance seems to be getting lower and lower. Slade was sacked after, what, 14 games - but the knives were being sharpened long before he actually got the push. Maybe Stat Brother's six games isn't so stupid after all.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
how long? well it depends on performances and what agreement there is between him and Bloom to meet his expectations.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
If we lose the next 4, which is very possible, will people be saying Bloom has hired the wrong man and to get him out quick before it gets any worse?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Will he be the one to be manager when we get to Falmer, on recent history probably not, but I hope so because that would mean that we are moving up the ladder of success.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This a ridiculous thread, no offence Easy. Slade had 31 games in charge. He was woefully failing in almost every aspect of being a football manager. What is the point in giving him more time to deliver 4 division football for us ?.

A new manager may not necessariliy work but we will have a far greater chance of success with someone like Coppell or Curbishley in charge than Slade.

Slade's record this season was a complete and utter disgrace, pretty indefensible to be honest. He has support because he is a nice guy. People like nice guys but unfortunately nice guys finish last in most things in life. Nice guys do not make successful businessmen, you won't find too many nice guys in the boardrooms of successful businesses. Nice guys do not make successful football managers. Most of them are arseholes but successful arseholes.

If Wise had been in charge and delvered exactly the same results as Slade he would have been tarred and feathered and run out of Town.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
This a ridiculous thread, no offence Easy. Slade had 31 games in charge. He was woefully failing in almost every aspect of being a football manager. What is the point in giving him more time to deliver 4 division football for us ?.

A new manager may not necessariliy work but we will have a far greater chance of success with someone like Coppell or Curbishley in charge than Slade.

Slade's record this season was a complete and utter disgrace, pretty indefensible to be honest. He has support because he is a nice guy. People like nice guys but unfortunately nice guys finish last in most things in life. Nice guys do not make successful businessmen, you won't find too many nice guys in the boardrooms of successful businesses. Nice guys do not make successful football managers. Most of them are arseholes but successful arseholes.

If Wise had been in charge and delvered exactly the same results as Slade he would have been tarred and feathered and run out of Town.

Spot on!

P.S. Nothing wrong with being an arsehole!

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
It looks awful but that was under DK's stewardship.

Coppell please.

It also looks worse than it actually is. If this is the 12th manager we've had in 12 years, 4 of those (Horton, Adams, Taylor and Coppell) left of their own volition - nothing to do with lack of patience on the part of BHA. Of the managers who were sacked, only the dismissals of McGhee and Wilkins were particularly controversial. People feel sad about Slade much in the same way they did about Gritt - decent blokes who did well to save us in the previous season.

Overall, I doubt BHA have been any more trigger-happy than other clubs. Whoever the next manager is, the expectations will be much the same. At a minimum this season I suspect that would be mid-table, and next season promotion. Success of bust - like it or not, that's the way that football is now and I for one am pleased that Bloom is not content to see us hovering over the relegation zone losing game after game.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
it also looks worse than it actually is. If this is the 12th manager we've had in 12 years, 4 of those (horton, adams, taylor and coppell) left of their own volition - nothing to do with lack of patience on the part of bha. Of the managers who were sacked, only the dismissals of mcghee and wilkins were particularly controversial. People feel sad about slade much in the same way they did about gritt - decent blokes who did well to save us in the previous season.

Overall, i doubt bha have been any more trigger-happy than other clubs. Whoever the next manager is, the expectations will be much the same. At a minimum this season i suspect that would be mid-table, and next season promotion. Success of bust - like it or not, that's the way that football is now and i for one am pleased that bloom is not content to see us hovering over the relegation zone losing game after game.

do not ever compare slade to the legend that is steve gritt!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here