Well?

• Better than Solly March?

Votes: 92 89.3%
  • Worse than Solly March?

Votes: 11 10.7%

• Total voters

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Flat but positive. We went toe to toe with one of the world's biggest clubs for 2 hours in a pressure match and outplayed them for long stretches. That's something to celebrate. If we'd got through, history suggests league form could tail off in the approach to a Cup Final we'd be 90% certain to lose. As it is, every motivation remains to nail the top 6 finish we deserve. I'd happily take 6th and an FA Cup semi-final as better than 8th and a Cup Final defeat. Just need to crack on.

This is my feeling. Strangely quite glad not to be having to go back to Wembley again in six weeks. The hassle of the scrabble for tickets. Lack of focus on the league. And the lack of enthusiasm to watch us play City with little chance of winning.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Knackered, Northern line closed had to spend £25 on a Uber to get back to the car. Got in at 0130, up for work at 0600. I've got a very grumpy teenager that didn't want to go to school today....

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Right bleeding dischuffed.

Glad I have a day off today. Can spend it doing something useful. Spot of painting perhaps. Can be grouchy at home alone instead of having the exact same polite conversation a dozen times with different work colleagues.

That’s tomorrow. :annoyed:

stewardxxx

Oct 7, 2008
Brighton
very deflated. However, thinking positively, we don't have to go back to Wembley and pay silly money for crap beer and get messed around by all forms of transport for another year

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I felt so deflated after watching city destroy sheff utd in first gear on Saturday by the time the game yesterday came around I wasn't massively fussed if we lost (as long as it wasn't controversial)

So not feeling too bad today.

Feel more annoyed now that we had to do 120 minutes and most of our bench are injured

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Pretty much over it. Spending another fortune and and whole day going to Wembley to see us get beat by Citeh doesn't really appeal.

I'm not over Spurs though. I'll probably never get over Spurs.
This is my sentiments entirely.

Dont think I will get over it unless we get Europe. If we don't and miss out by a point or two, then that will send me over the edge.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I try never to anticipate what will happen and so I did not have my hopes dashed.

Of course I feel jaded but the team turned up and I think played well, so we can be proud of them.

Live in the present.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Disappointed that we didn't play quite as well as we can, but over it today and don't have to go back to that s***hole again this season.

I suspect that Solly won't be until he scores a couple of crackers against Forest on Wednesday :wink:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Disappointed that we didn't play quite as well as we can, but over it today and don't have to go back to that s***hole again this season.

I suspect that Solly won't be until he scores a couple of crackers against Forest on Wednesday :wink:
Agreed. Good to think we can play that well and still know we could have played even better. Amazing, in fact. United should be utterly embarrassed that our side can run them that close, given their resources.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
I really think going out in that way yesterday is a blessing in disguise. We come away from the game with large credit having been the better side, and the noise around the cup would likely be a huge distraction for the league run in.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Sad, especially for Solly. And for my 9 year old who has March on the back of his shirt and didn’t sleep all night as he was too upset and just wants to see Solly and tell him it’s ok 😢

But grateful for the run and their efforts yesterday, I love this team.

Personally I felt a lot worse the day after the Spurs game!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I drove there and parked at Wembley Central, based upon @Bozza recommendation.

We waited to applaud the team off and then waited at the Wembley central for some Wok n Go orders and we were back in Worthing for 10.30 or so.

the journey to Wembley was much harder with traffic and roadworks seemingly from the M25 all the way there.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Posted in my brain as ‘we lost the final on penalties’. It was a proper, close, tense affair. Couldn’t see the City game as conjuring the same feelings. It may even provide the fillip to seal a place in Europe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here