Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

so how come woking

fanwell

Nov 6, 2010
Our support in numbers has been dropping this season and the singing, home and away has been poor/non existant. Today was brilliant, just like old times. Thanks for the change in stands - we loved it!

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
It will be different at Falmer I hope. Our group is organising something for Falmer. Hopefully it will be better

I'll happily get involved with your group if you've got room for one more :wink:
One of the things i've always enjoyed about the football is having a good banter. Nothing better than waking up on a sunday morning with a sore throat :thumbsup:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Good on their fans
[yt]wpcH3T702BI[/yt]

[yt]feUDFV03N2U[/yt]

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
:eek:

Attachments

• 147.jpg
    147.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 160

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
They were brilliant. However, it was their only visit to Withdean and it was their biggest game of the season (to date).

They spent 90 minutes at Withdean.

We have spent 26,940 minutes (excluding injury time and friendlies) - That is over 18 days.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
They were brilliant. However, it was their only visit to Withdean and it was their biggest game of the season (to date).

They spent 90 minutes at Withdean.

We have spent 26,940 minutes (excluding injury time and friendlies) - That is over 18 days.

Plus a game against Blue Square South Woking is hardly going to get anyone excited!

jimmypbha

Apr 5, 2009
NORTH STAND
I'll happily get involved with your group if you've got room for one more :wink:
One of the things i've always enjoyed about the football is having a good banter. Nothing better than waking up on a sunday morning with a sore throat :thumbsup:

Sure mate join the facebook page. Link is in my signature.

Can someone explain to me why flares are considered unacceptable at football matches?

Having spent yesterday evening in Lewes, where hundreds of them are set off in the street processions, I can report that, whilst it is obviously sensible not to inhale too enthusiastically, they don't seem to cause any great danger, even to people standing nearby. They are designed to be ignited easily and held aloft in a hand. Chucking a lighted one around isn't safe, but using them as intended seems to me to cause no harm.

What's actually wrong with them?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Can someone explain to me why flares are considered unacceptable at football matches?

Having spent yesterday evening in Lewes, where hundreds of them are set off in the street processions, I can report that, whilst it is obviously sensible not to inhale too enthusiastically, they don't seem to cause any great danger, even to people standing nearby. They are designed to be ignited easily and held aloft in a hand. Chucking a lighted one around isn't safe, but using them as intended seems to me to cause no harm.

What's actually wrong with them?

Another silly rule when it comes to football. Not even worth arguiing about. :nono:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
its a big away day, its the first time they've been, they were the underdogs and took a draw, of course they were exuberant, we would be too, but from our perspective, woking at home is hardly something to get excited over is it?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
We used to create more of an atmosphere in the earlier years at Withdean but once we got our planning permission for Falmer and Belotti and Archer were out of the picture, i think that this lack of focus for singing also lead to less noise

Also some of our fans have listened too much to the moaners complaining about Withdean and brought into their idea that it is impossible to generate an atmosphere there, despite this being proven to be incorrect as we had managed it in the past.

People would rather trot out the line that it's shit because it's Withdean rather than try

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Our support in numbers has been dropping this season and the singing, home and away has been poor/non existant. Today was brilliant, just like old times. Thanks for the change in stands - we loved it!

You certainly did yourselves proud today. Fair play to you all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here