Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Gus says we are potentially in for 3 further players tomorrow.......

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We need full backs - with spaz and JFC I think the midfield is looking good at the moment.

Which full backs?

I think ours are OK. But our opponents have had some good full backs: e.g. Fox (Southampton), Simpson ??? (Newcastle) and that coloured right back for Doncaster? Full backs are the position you buy when we get promoted to the Premier. Left backs are hard to come buy. Danny Ferguson of Newcastle looked OK.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Very reliable source has told me we have put in a "Loan to Buy" bid for Andrews of Blackburn. Murray Wallace is deciding between us, Huddersfield and us whilst Yara Reyes is an option on loan. He said at the end of his txt, "no idea who the striker is though". EXCITING.

blimey

could get really competetive for places...not said that in a while...if ever.

Last edited:

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Very reliable source has told me we have put in a "Loan to Buy" bid for Andrews of Blackburn. Murray Wallace is deciding between us, Huddersfield and us whilst Yara Reyes is an option on loan. He said at the end of his txt, "no idea who the striker is though". EXCITING.

You've got to think we have a chance with young Murray, what with us being 2 out of his 3 choices.

Personally, I think we will end up with no additional signings today. Lived through too many disappointing transfer deadline days to get my hopes up.

Just hope we don't lose any.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
You've got to think we have a chance with young Murray, what with us being 2 out of his 3 choices.

Personally, I think we will end up with no additional signings today. Lived through too many disappointing transfer deadline days to get my hopes up.

Just hope we don't lose any.

Bah....spoilsport!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

Just hope we don't lose any.[/
QUOTE]

Does get you a bit like that eh!! :lol:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Happy with Vokes coming. Would be thrilled if Wallace and Reyes follow. But most pleasure would come from the window shutting with Noone still here.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Happy with Vokes coming. Would be thrilled if Wallace and Reyes follow. But most pleasure would come from the window shutting with Noone still here.

aye, Noone is one of the best players since Bennett. love being able to say that and not go back half a generation, we've had some good players of late. i sort of dont want too many players now, we need Gus to get them working together.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
is Vokes included as the forward?

General consensus is that Vokes is the forward.
During the Palace press conference, post signing, Poyet suggested 'one or two' new signing rather than 3.
Of course, we know this doesn't necessarily mean anything, but i think the Argus quoe is taken before Vokes joined.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
There's no need for another striker with CMS, Vokes, Hoskins, Barnes and the kids. Especially as we mainly play 1 up front!
Reyes and Wallace fit the midfield/defender possibilities so I'm not expecting any shocks.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
As long as none depart, I don't care if we sign anymore. Reyes would be great, but El-Abd has been mustard.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Realistically its got to be VOkes, Wallace and Reyes but when have we EVER got ALL of our targets... reckon Reyes would be the odd one out... which would mean just one addition to the squad.

However the Andrews story IS interesting.... he's a genuine box to box midfielder with pedigree but wasnt he elsewhere (Hull? Ipswich?)

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
General consensus is that Vokes is the forward.
During the Palace press conference, post signing, Poyet suggested 'one or two' new signing rather than 3.
Of course, we know this doesn't necessarily mean anything, but i think the Argus quoe is taken before Vokes joined.

Cheers, I thought as much. I am happy with Vokes, Wallace and Reyes.

However, I'd be even happier with even more!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here