Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So good, he deserves his own thread: Alan Navarro

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I was probably the biggest detractor of Navarro. And yes he DID have a run in the team to begin with in place of Dicker AND he had a pre season as well. So I dont buy all this run of games nonsense.

Navarro WAS utter, utter shit. People thought it was comedy gold to say what a great player he was when he was pony. Unfunny irony.

If you can get the Charlton at Withers or the first 45mins against Millwall away you will see he spent most of the game on his arse or the game just passing him by...the NADIR of his career. I still remember him now pulling out of a tackle at Orient away on the edge of their box. Also a couple of times against Carlisle recently...

...however lately, overall, he has been superb no doubt about it.

Last edited:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If player of the season was based on performances since Poyet took over alone, it would be between him and Calderon, for sure.

Well it pretty much is, who was performing well before Poyet took over? Forster was but he has gone now, dicker wasn't doing too bad but hasn't really improved under Poyet like others have.

For me it's between Bennett, Navarro, Calderon and El Abd.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Another good performance from Alan at Southend today, we looked much more solid with him dominating the midfield and he proved that he very much can play in a 4-4-2. Why on earth he isn't starting ill never know, swap off someone else if you want to see diego arismendi play.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here