Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So good, he deserves his own thread: Alan Navarro

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Take a bow son. :bowdown:

Absolutely bossed the game once he came on tonight, managed to be my Man of the Match in just 15 minutes, should never have been dropped. Long ago sealed my vote for player of the season as well.

:clap:

Was everything Arismendi wasn't which says a lot. Arismendi was absolutely shocking!
one good first time ball in the first 5 minutes and then shocking after that. I have liked Navarro every time i have seen him play. He just does the simple things and allows everyone else to tick around him...class

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
:thumbsup: I just got back from the match and i couldn't agree more about Navarro. He was awsome and he completly changed the game.
I have always been a fan of his.
He is one of those players that goes about his business unnoticed, but you miss him when he is not there.
If Arismendi is worth 2.5 mill, what is Navarro worth.
He really was that good tonight.
Brez had a very good game also.

Well done lads for a very enjoyable evening and well done to all the fans who made the trip.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Navarro wasn't dropped... he was rested. Gus needs to look at the loan players and one or two games is probably not enough. Arismendi is still finding his feet and I think he needs one mroe game.

However, no question, Navarro's rehabilitation under Gus has been one of the highlights of the season.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Navarro has really won me around, just does his job of braking up play, winning the ball, passing it to the right person.

Lets hope he has done enough to convince Poyet he can use him week in, week out.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He has certainly improved on his early season form.

But I still have reservations about him - although in fairness I cannot comment on last night and I wasn't there.

At home I think he has looked a lot better in recent weeks, but mainly against teams who have come and sat back - leaving him a lot of space to operate in.

At the weekend he kept things ticking over, but he also gave the ball away in key positions on more than one occasion.

I think against the more defensive teams he has looked great and has been vital in keeping the ball moving and drawing teams out of their defensive line to create space.

But against the better teams, he does not get as much space and this is where his defensive imobolity is called into question.

Improving yes. The sort of player we want in a key position if we are pushing for promotion? No.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
He is decent in a 4-5-1 at this level as his lack of pace is not as easily exploited as he usually has Dicker or Crofts to help him out.

Would hate to see him play in a 4-4-2, ala the early season Slade formation, where he was dreadfull!

I must say that I have certainly warmed to him since Poyet has come in, certainly a decent squad player (like El-abd) but not good enough for a promotion push imo

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Where is Alan from? I don't think that Navarro is an English name. Surely he must originate from some flair Isle?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
He certainly has been one of the most consistant players of the season, rarely does anything wrong, and his touch is just sublime.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Where is Alan from? I don't think that Navarro is an English name. Surely he must originate from some flair Isle?

Liverpool, but it's a Spanish name, perhaps why Poyet likes him.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Take a bow son. :bowdown:

Absolutely bossed the game once he came on tonight, managed to be my Man of the Match in just 15 minutes, should never have been dropped. Long ago sealed my vote for player of the season as well.

For someone who spents so much of their time banging on about what a twat I am, I find it funny that you've opted for the same avatar!

Navarro has been good since he came back into the side - sadly it took most people too long to admit it.

Why is Navarro always so much better away from home? Against Charlton away he was absolutely IMMENSE.

Because we have more pressure to soak up.
He is a defensive midfielder.

His passing can be a bit erratic though, such as Saturday, where he gave it away a few times during an otherwise brilliant performance. However, his defensive abilities more than make up for it, it's just a shame he's not a little bit taller.

If player of the season was based on performances since Poyet took over alone, it would be between him and Calderon, for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here