Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So exactly where is all this money coming from?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
One minute we haven't got two half-pence to rub together, the next we have a c£90m new stadium, several record signings all at once, plans for new and expensive training facilities etc etc.....

So is Tony Bloom really that rich, or is somebody somewhere hocked up to the eyeballs and in five or ten years time we are back to Withdean penury or worse.

...just finished reading "Build a Bonfire" so don't say that lightening can't strike twice :bhasign:

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
season tickets sales and everything a new ground attracts oh and a proper supporting chairman

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
One minute we haven't got two half-pence to rub together, the next we have a c£90m new stadium, several record signings all at once, plans for new and expensive training facilities etc etc.....

So is Tony Bloom really that rich, or is somebody somewhere hocked up to the eyeballs and in five or ten years time we are back to Withdean penury or worse.

...just finished reading "Build a Bonfire" so don't say that lightening can't strike twice :bhasign:

Cynics like you buying season tickets.

TNBA

TTF

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Banks would loan money to Bloom and not the Club I recon.

Transfers is probably season tickets sales and naming rights and sponsership deals.

I would say if we dont make the Premiership and stay there for a fews seasons (to pay bloom off for the stadium) we may well be in shit street. Although he has said he will underight the loans for shares. Can't see him wanting to do that though.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Now you know where the cup final money went.

Zeff

Jun 1, 2009
Southwick
From underneath Tony's Mattress :drool:

I'm sure he knows what he's doing, and that we could not be in safer hands at this point in time, after all you don't become a highly successful businessman by luck.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Frankly I'm getting a little worried, sure our turnover is better now, but it is still not going to be brilliant, Bloom obviously has a certain amount of cash, and is willing to invest it but I think he's far from a billionaire. We are banking on success I feel and if we cannot reach the prem in the next 3 seasons, which with these signings is clearly the target, I'd guess that we will quickly find ourselves in trouble, having struggled so hard to avoid admin throughout our time at Withdean.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
From the reputed wealth of TB our spending on transfer fees is not a significant amount and I am sure that he is an astute buisnessman who will link the wages he gives to our income,

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
I think someone posted on here a while ago that we were about 10 million better off as result of season ticket sales and TV money etc for being in the Championship. I would have thought Amex chipped in a few bob for naming rights of the stadium.

I personally have no worries over TB's wealth or where it came from. He's a life long fan and his family have had links with board for many many years. I would suggest his business dealings and financial plans for the Albion are a lot more open and transparent compared to some of the more recent, dubious foreign owners of clubs, i.e. Pompey, Birmingham etc.

Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride CC :thumbsup:

BrightonGuy

Jun 3, 2011
Brighton
getting promoted to the championship is worth about 2.5mil to a club, plus bloom had already decided to buy the stadium before we got premoted so he had that cash sorted and all the season tickets and new sponsership deals the club will get will improve funding plus some tv time for big matches will bring in funds. so there it is

Last edited:

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Banks would loan money to Bloom and not the Club I recon.

Transfers is probably season tickets sales and naming rights and sponsership deals.

I would say if we dont make the Premiership and stay there for a fews seasons (to pay bloom off for the stadium) we may well be in shit street. Although he has said he will underight the loans for shares. Can't see him wanting to do that though.

We are in safe hands with Tony he wont let this club down, you dont invest in a stadium without a football team our future is secure no matter what league we are in.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
TB wouldn't spunk £100m on a stadium only to then spend £5m+ on players if he didn't have enough in his coffers.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I also think Tony has a lot more money that he lets on. He comes across as quite a private person and I don't think he would necessarily tell people just how much he has. But if he has enough to buy a £100 million football stadium, which he will realistically never see a return on, I imagine he has a fair bit more than that.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I completely trust Bloom, but it would be wrong to assume we won't ever get into financial trouble. Things change quickly in football but as long as Bloom keeps his feet on the ground then we'll be fine. Just hope he doesn't gamble too much in trying to keep Gus motivated

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
yes, the source of wealth is murky, and normally one would be concerned. however, i am reassured byt the fact that Bloom has long standing family ties to the club and the Knight handed over the club to him. do you think Knight would do that to someone in hock to the banks?

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
getting promoted to the championship is worth about 25mil to a club, to the prem its about 40m, plus bloom had already decided to buy the stadium before we got premoted so he had that cash sorted and all the season tickets and new sponsership deals the club will get will improve funding plus some tv time for big matches will bring in funds. so there it is

i think you mean 2 million for the championship

well to teams who aren't moving into a much bigger stadium

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here