Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So..er...any players you think we should try to sign from the Championship?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Would he be an upgrade on Trossard, March or Izzy?

No regarding Trossard as he's a completely different player

Yes regarding March and Izquierdo , March flatters to deceive far too often and Izquierdo could be anything when he is fully fit .

The question was who from the championship we should try to sign , not who should we replace a player for from the championship , Hernandez gives you something completely different to those 3 you mention and something we simply have not got in the squad at the moment ,

He's of a similar breed to Traore at Wolves but there's just something about him i really like and would like to see in our squad , some midfield power to ease the work that Connolly and Maupay have been asked to do in pressing very high on the opponents defence .

Anyway it's all hypothetical as he's clearly not a Potter type player .

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I'd be delighted with Welbeck or Solanke. I think either would be ideal for us.

I’ve had a hunch about Solanke for a while. Nothing more than the Ashcroft connection, but also has the raw attributes for what we need. I do wonder if we’re playing the long game with Championship players - you’d imagine B’Muff will need to shift at least one of King or Solanke.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
If all the people who think Solanke is a good player met up, they wouldn't break the national limit for social gatherings.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’ve had a hunch about Solanke for a while. Nothing more than the Ashcroft connection, but also has the raw attributes for what we need. I do wonder if we’re playing the long game with Championship players - you’d imagine B’Muff will need to shift at least one of King or Solanke.

He’d be a Lucky Man and it would be somewhat of a Bittersweet Symphony for Bournemouth.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oli Watkins has a good game the other night, scored a good goal and 2 Piss easy ones. Didn’t look great for Brentford end of last season. Long long way to justifying the £33mil price tag. Just because it was v Liverpool and a lot of hype around the game, people are talking like he’s the next Neal Maupay. He’s not.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well if we don't sign anyone the window is only shut for 11 weeks before it re-opens.

I've a suspicion that we'll wing it until January.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Lots of noise about a Striker from the Championship but I’m still worried about Left Back & Left Wing Back. March is arguably the front runner for POTS at the moment but if he is injured, I think the whole left side of our attack and defence would be hugely weakened, it could mean the end of the wing backs system.

Karbo looks an amazing prospect in this position but it could be at least a year before he is able to make his 1st team debut as he needs more development one would imagine.

So in the short term and after the Man Utd cup match, I’d be more than happy if we moved Bernardo to West Ham and used some of the funds to pick up Rico Henry or Diego Rico from the Championship to plug the gap whilst Karbo & Cochrane develop.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Lots of noise about a Striker from the Championship but I’m still worried about Left Back & Left Wing Back. March is arguably the front runner for POTS at the moment but if he is injured, I think the whole left side of our attack and defence would be hugely weakened, it could mean the end of the wing backs system.

Karbo looks an amazing prospect in this position but it could be at least a year before he is able to make his 1st team debut as he needs more development one would imagine.

So in the short term and after the Man Utd cup match, I’d be more than happy if we moved Bernardo to West Ham and used some of the funds to pick up Rico Henry or Diego Rico from the Championship to plug the gap whilst Karbo & Cochrane develop.

I think signing someone for the LWB role is even less likely than signing a striker. Currently there's March, Burn and Bernardo in the squad, with Karbo signed up for the (not too distant?) future and we also got Alzate who was excellent in the LWB role in his debut against Newcastle last year.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We aren’t going to be bringing in anyone else are we?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Most likely not. Maybe if Tony can get a really nice deal for someone at some deadline day firesale but even then its unlikely.

Could see a couple go out on loan though.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Most likely not. Maybe if Tony can get a really nice deal for someone at some deadline day firesale but even then its unlikely.

Could see a couple go out on loan though.

I suppose it depends on how many people buy into the PPV scheme...As it stands think best we will look at will be a league 2 reject on loan

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

I wouldn’t rule it out entirely.

The takeaway I got from the Ashworth interview is that they definitely have the money to spend on the right player, right age, right wages etc. He specifically mentioned the January window though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I suppose it depends on how many people buy into the PPV scheme...As it stands think best we will look at will be a league 2 reject on loan

I am struggling to remember the last time we loaned a player from League 2. Obviously you are joking but we used to covet the best League 2 players of other clubs not so long ago

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here