Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Easy....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ooh, I dunno if me and Uncle B could ever agree on anything. :lolol:

I would still have liked Allardyce to have had the job once Sven left. But given the choice, with Mourinho actually available RIGHT NOW, its a no brainer. The guy is a born winner. There is a charisma about him that just commands respect. Big-name players remain in awe of him, and they play out of their skins for him. There are very few managers around that have than indefinable extra, that aura. Cloughie in his pomp is really the only comparable character.

Whether the FA would ever appoint Mourinho is the problem. BUt they will be SMARTING at missing out on their jollies next summer, along with the £££ that has disappeared from the coffers with us twiddling our thumbs next June.

Get. Him. Now.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Couldnt be put more perfectly, and yes get Mourinho in.
Even UB couldnt argue after all he has all the credentials he is normally after.

Trying to stay out of this, but ho hum.

Sven was good at getting us to tournaments, but once he got out of a league format he did seem to struggle. Last summer was the right time to go, the problem is the FA messed up when it came to appointing his successor. This whole stance of appointing the new man before the World Cup, became an issue once Scholari told Barwick to stick it (after the appointment had been leaked to the press). Hence we got the current excuse for a manager.

Regarding any successor. Well lets hope there is not the stupid clamour for an Englishman to get the job, as once again there are no decent candidates.

If Mourinho were to take the job, then superb (although I am not sure he would take it). He has a good club record, seems to be able to get players to play for him and is very good at protecting his players from criticism (the whole Special One stance meant that Chelsea players were often left alone as the press went for him).

If not Mourinho, then I hope the FA hold fire until after Euro 2008 and see who is available. Scholari is unlikely to stay with Portugal, but I am not sure he is the answer. Klinsmann? Would be funny as it would annoying Spurs as they have seemingly approached him and he did well with Germany, in so much they he worked out how defensively crap they were and so played a very attacking game.

After that I am not sure. I guess Capello will be mentioned, as will O'Neil.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Mourinho or O'Neill, be happy with either preferably the first option though.

I am not and never have been convinced with O'Neil. He does seem to be a good motivator and has got the best out of certain players, but at the same time is he taking Villa forward? Also there is the issue of if things are not going well, the stick he will get from a section of knuckle draggers due to the Celtic connections etc. Having said that, there was an interview with him after the World Cup, where he made it clear he would have liked the job and would be interested when it came up again.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Samuel is rarely anything less than spot on. A very decent columnist.
His one achilles heel seems to be West Sham and the Tevez thing. He was almost jevs-like in his seeking to deflect the flak by muddying the waters with counter-arguments over unrelated issues. But then Im not sure Ive met a Hammers fan that doesnt readily accept what a cheating bunch of shysters they are to be still in the Prem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here