Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Assuming There's No More Tranfers......

Where will we finish?

Votes: 37 27.4%

Votes: 1 0.7%

Votes: 2 1.5%

Votes: 5 3.7%

Votes: 20 14.8%

Votes: 12 8.9%

Votes: 8 5.9%

Votes: 17 12.6%

Votes: 11 8.1%

Votes: 11 8.1%

Votes: 3 2.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
10th. We simply don't have the firepower for anything higher. Murray WILL get injured or suspended for a period of time. Without him we will seriously struggle to pick up points.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Blimey, I'm the highest (at the moment).

4th

Should have made this a public poll?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I wasn't suggesting we will come 20th, just making the point that this league is so pathetic it doesn't really matter where you finish if you're not in the top 6 or bottom 4. It's not like higher divisions where there may actually be some pride in belonging in the upper reaches.

As for the rest of our season, I'm just expecting some decent football from a good passing team under good management. Unfortunately, we're weak in two positions on the pitch and they happen to be the two most important of all - goalkeeper and goalscorer - which will cripple us.

Haven't answered my question at all. I'll make it simpler.

Why with a BETTER team will we do WORSE? It's a really basic equation.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I wasn't suggesting we will come 20th, just making the point that this league is so pathetic it doesn't really matter where you finish if you're not in the top 6 or bottom 4. It's not like higher divisions where there may actually be some pride in belonging in the upper reaches.

As for the rest of our season, I'm just expecting some decent football from a good passing team under good management. Unfortunately, we're weak in two positions on the pitch and they happen to be the two most important of all - goalkeeper and goalscorer - which will cripple us.

What? What? What?! Of course there is pride in where we finish? How is this league pathetic? It's ultra competitive!

Brez is good enough. Ankergrenade has gone up with Leeds and been a top keeper in this division before signing for us. We have two decent league one strikers, a great midfield and a sturdy defence... we won't be crippled by anything.

Do you think we will finish outside the top 10 then?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Just outside play-offs, establishing ourselves for a promotion push in our first season at Falmer.
With:
Brezovan
Calderon
Elphick
Greer
Painter
Bennett
Sparrow
Kishishev
LuaLua
Barnes
Murray

+ with Dicker, Batti, Baz, Viking, Caskey, Smith, El-Abd, Holroyd etc all having something to prove, I reckon we have solid foundations for a push next season.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
2nd on goal difference

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
9th probably

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Sorry, just remind me how many games Kuipers and Forster played in the second half of last season when we would have finished 5th over 23 games. The answer is not many. There is no reason to be miserable. We have 7 points from 4 games and still have Brezovan, Greer, Sparrow, Bridcutt and Lua Lua to come in for the next game.

I think we will be around the play offs. I predicted 7th to be cautious but we could easily be top 6.

If you are feeling miserable, just think you could be a Southampton fan and facing the possibility that Paul Hart could be the next manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here