Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So are Reading really a better project ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
As I said earlier (I am enjoying fixturing myself), they were figures El Presidente (IIRC) posted from PriceWaterhouse Coopers. No, I don't know whereabouts on here they're posted.

Since no club is obliged to report on playing budget, nobody knows the accurate comparative figures.

It has to be said, that's one mad letter from Gus, but that's his Brian Clough-like ways. Bet there were tons of that stuff during 2009-12 but no one cared cos it was all going swimmingly. But when some charges need to be found.....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It has to be said, that's one mad letter from Gus, but that's his Brian Clough-like ways. Bet there were tons of that stuff during 2009-12 but no one cared cos it was all going swimmingly. But when some charges need to be found.....

Piss the man/woman off who runs your company and pays your wages enough times and he's going to get shot of you. Isn't it like that in all walks of life?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I reckon he's softening to Gus :lolol:

TBH I used to love the guy, then he started showing his true colours. Suarez, refs, budgets, Leeds love, other club desires, "me me me". However, I've never said he isn't a good manager; just a big-mouthed self-centred self-serving egotist, who lacks appreciation of what he threw away. Goon.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
But you're nonetheless happy to state that our playing budget not being in the top half is simply not true...?

In that case, what is your analysis based upon - and how accurate is it?

I KNOW it was sufficient to mount a serious promotion challenge. In fact, that's what happened. I have my senior club source. Gus was a fool to constantly moan about his lack of budget. He's now paid the price for not engaging brain before opening his HUGE gob.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You are having a larf arn't you, he was complaining as much about the clap banners in the same tone as the serious incident. He said he spoke to Bloom about it and then he proceeded to tell the rest of the world. If you are earning £3k a day, you carry out your job in a professional manner and not publicly. I love the way it starts Hi All!

'Hi All,

1) ...when Crystal Palace players and staff arrived to the Amex and went into their dressing room, they found themselves in a very uncomfortable situation, for some reason that still no clear to me , someone during the day had access to the away dressing room and done something terrible, trying to upset everyone related to Palace. To say it in clear English, someone had a ‘poo’ all outside the toilets, over and around the toilets.

Now, after careful consideration, and even after a meeting with the Chairman ??? who assured me that MY REPUTATION IS INTACT ???, I feel that I must express my anger that anyone inside this organisation thought they could interfere with it.

I am angry that someone within this club could endanger our good reputation and stoop so low - did they imagine that this would affect the Crystal Palace players - well it possible did - it may just have fired them up even more.

Well someone ??? made a very bad decision and I think it is time to stand up and take responsibility - not just the culprit ???but those employees ??? who are supposed to make our stadium safe and secure. Surely changing rooms are high up on securities check lists/? ???

Surely someone ???should lose their job to allow such a breach of security - they ???do not deserve to be part of this club!...

2)...would someone???like to admit it was their idea to hand out stupid pieces of noise-making paper - can I tell you it was an extremely silly idea and the result was an annoying noise - I am not for one minute blaming ??? the result of the game on this, but it added only negative vibe ??? to the proceedings along with the rubbish filled balloons that littered the pitch.

My team of players and staff have worked hard this season and I do not appreciate negative actions from others???within the club...whoever you are???, you ???let the club down very badly.

Gus Poyet' :angel:

It is difficult to disagree with a single word Poyet wrote there.

Piss the man/woman off who runs your company and pays your wages enough times and he's going to get shot of you. Isn't it like that in all walks of life?

Nope, because football is different, relationship between chairman/manager is not the same as between area head of sales and sales assistant at Widget plc. There is much more of a power sharing relationship involved because of people like us, the fans, who value high achievers like Gus. It's more akin to that of a marquee movie star and a movie producer -the latter can fire the former but the market values the former very highly to make that a very risky business - hence why power sharing and compromise is often the right course to follow

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There is a difference between thinking something and sending out emails to 100's of recipients and into the public domain.

Gus poyet :angel:

I think by the time he did this he already knew the game was up.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Nope, because football is different, relationship between chairman/manager is not the same as between area head of sales and sales assistant at Widget plc. There is much more of a power sharing relationship involved because of people like us, the fans, who value high achievers like Gus. It's more akin to that of a marquee movie star and a movie producer -the latter can fire the former but the market values the former very highly to make that a very risky business - hence why power sharing and compromise is often the right course to follow

Really? ??? I don't even know what you are trying to explain here but are you saying that Poyet should have had more power? ???

I'm with Icy Gull on this

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
And his referral to someone getting the sack was clearly Barber, you don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to deduce this.

Smith DID score

formerly Harvey's Best
Apr 25, 2009
Worthing
R I am still in a funk over all this as Poyet is a better manager than Garcia by a long way and I think that will be proved this season.

With respect it's a tad early to say that. If Mr.Garcia is able to come up with a plan 'B' for when teams press us or occasionally play with two strikers he may turn out to be better than our ex-manager.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Feel free to bounce my comments in 5/14 if Garcia manages a top 4 position for us.

Really? ??? I don't even know what you are trying to explain here but are you saying that Poyet should have had more power? ???

I'm with Icy Gull on this

Was Alex Ferguson just an employee of Man Utd plc? Or did he stand out a bit from the shop manager and the head of stewarding

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I KNOW it was sufficient to mount a serious promotion challenge. In fact, that's what happened. I have my senior club source. Gus was a fool to constantly moan about his lack of budget. He's now paid the price for not engaging brain before opening his HUGE gob.

Blimey, that's that done and dusted then.

:facepalm:

Meanwhile, the figures have been presented in the post above. Have a look through them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here