Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] So... A Thread Of Things That Make You Proud To Be English

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
BBC = definitely
Real ale = yes
Tolerance = Hmmm... 6/10 could do better
Lower league football grounds = surely most countries have them?

I would however add 50 years of great bands.

Only 50? what's wrong with the 60s????????

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Our ability to apologise when it's clearly not our fault, sorry.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Could you just agree not to agree with Tim Overwhelmed I mean we do not want to cause a scene...

Apologies if I've caused a scene by saying nothing, sorry!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The Royal Navy which was the reason this little island had the largest Empire in the worlds history.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Absolutely nothing at all. Sadly you've misread my meaning. The defacement of churchills statue is ridiculous. It may well be that he had some racist attitudes. However, that statue is not so much about him but more a symbol of the nation's resolve and fighting spirit that saw us through the war. A point lost on the idiots with spray cans

T

Glad I didn’t jump in all guns blazing now then :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wouldn’t say English, but two things which Britain should be proud of is music and the BBC. It never ceases to amaze me the quality, breadth and utter endlessness of the music Britain produces. There may be peaks and troughs but there’s always something going on.

And the BBC is such a brilliant advert for the country. On my travels abroad many people have spoken to me about it’s quality, it’s content (from music to docs to comedy) and bemoaned they don’t have something similar. Lose it at your peril.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I wouldn’t say English, but two things which Britain should be proud of is music and the BBC. It never ceases to amaze me the quality, breadth and utter endlessness of the music Britain produces. There may be peaks and troughs but there’s always something going on.

And the BBC is such a brilliant advert for the country. On my travels abroad many people have spoken to me about it’s quality, it’s content (from music to docs to comedy) and bemoaned they don’t have something similar. Lose it at your peril.

Totally agree, well said.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Totally agree, well said.

People sometimes go on about the value of the Queen to the UK economy, which I presume has been quantified some how by someone. They should do a similar thing regarding the BBC; I reckon it is well worth it’s cost.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And British curries are the best. And the Balti pie is the ultimate post-modern culinary response to multiculturalism; it really is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here