Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So a little bit of snow..... how are the trains and roads doing today.....

D

Deleted User X18H

Every where is fine apart from here on the steepest hill in Brighton which ungritted and is like a glacier. Bloody Greens this never happened under the Tories.

This means I will have to stay indoors and be forced to watch the racing from Wolverhampton and Ayr later on.

I will demand Lucas toboggan's around here with some bread and milk.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
8.02 to bedford from brighton now skipping london bridge due to signal failures. which is a pain as thats where i wantef to get off. hey ho.

Latest update from Brighton Hove Bus and Coach Company

Snow and ice - 9am, Monday 6 February
Disruption to bus services.

Snow and ice are still causing some problems for bus services this morning, however in most areas conditions have greatly improved. All services are now operating as NORMAL (including school buses) EXCEPT the following:

5B - journeys to the universities not able to serve Coldean estate and will operate direct along Coldean Lane.

24 - operating direct up/down Coldean Lane (still unable to serve Coldean estate).

28/29 - operating normally except not serving Whitehill in Crowborough; buses will operate direct along the A26.

37/37B/38/38A - unable to serve Meadowview so starting/terminating at the top of Coombe Road (doing a loop coming up Bear Road and going down Coombe Road). The 37/37B is also unable to serve Hartington Road so will operate via Lewes Road and Elm Grove instead.

46 - unable to serve Rotherfield Crescent and Cuckmere Way in Hollingbury so operating direct along Carden Hill instead.

49A - going through to Lower Bevendean terminus but not serving Leybourne Road, Taunton Road and Hornby Road.

56 - unable to serve Cuckmere Way in Hollingbury so operating direct along Carden Hill instead.

70 - unable to serve Leybourne Road and Hornby Road in Lower Bevendean and the whole of East Moulsecoomb; buses will operate directly along Lewes Road. Buses will also terminate at the old Falmer School stop on the southbound side of Lewes Road.

74/75 - not serving Leybourne Road and Hornby Road in Lower Bevendean. Also unable to serve Coldean estate - buses will stop on Coldean Lane instead.

We will continue to check routes this morning and will endeavour to get services back to normal in affected areas as soon as we can. Customers are advised to allow more time for their journey and to take care when boarding and alighting as pavements may be slippery. We will be constantly updating information here.

For details of how trains are running please visit Southern Railway or Train tickets online – Cheap UK rail fares | First Capital Connect

Seems ok here in the lofty heights of TN6 - much to my wife and daughter's disgust their schools were both open. Our road is gritted but as it is a hill it takes a while for the kindly 4x4 drivers to grind in the grit so that it makes the surface suitable for us mortals with lesser cars. Will dig my bit of the drive later.

Just noticed that a TN6 photo is the lead item on the BBC news "England", woo, woo.

Last edited:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Seems ok here in the lofty heights of TN6 - much to my wife and daughter's disgust their schools were both open. Our road is gritted but as it is a hill it takes a while for the kindly 4x4 drivers to grind in the grit so that it makes the surface suitable for us mortals with lesser cars. Will dig my bit of the drive later.

You're welcome!

I drove down to the station this morning worst bit was getting out of my road as the nice white powdery snow that my Land Rover loved yesterday had turned to ice. Got their in the end though. Crowborough Hill was absolutely fine though.

Trains into London seemed absolutely fine, if not a bit empty.

Only dodgy bit in London I've come across is the pathways on the south bank by the Globe/Tate. Guessing they are trying to kill off a few tourists?!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here