Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Snow!!!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its still +4c at the Southwick Weather Station at 5pm, so its going to have to drop a fair bit before we get snow. It would be rain/sleet at the moment as today has been much warmer than the met office predicted ( again ! ) + 4 c instead of + 1c predicted.

Peterborough has 8 inches of lying snow.

The wind direction / front is coming in from the North West so we will get any snow before Kent.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
3-4 c is the ideal temperature for snow. It does not have to drop below zero for rain to turn to snow

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
If its at North London now, will be a good 2/3 hours to get here, temp will have dropped enough by that time for it to be snow.

Now the big question, do I drive(go) to work tonight?

Giant Seagull

That was textbook
Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
it could well be rain but (puts on boffs hat) as the cold air undercuts it , it should turn rapidly to snow
Blizzard conditions being reported in North East London now

Come onn:p

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It would only take an hour to get from London to here as the wind speed a few thousand feet up is much higher.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
What is it with morons and snow, why is it as soon as a little white stuff appears people panic, especially in cars.

It has just taken me an hour to drive a mile and half, although quite a lot of that stationary, because people will insist on driving at 2 mile ph. Honestly the needle on the car barely twitched.

I have just observed someone sliding trying to get their car going, they were on a steep hill for fs, all the needed to do was take their foot off the accelerator and put it on the clutch and the thing would have gone down the hill of its own volition.

Driving in snow, is not that hard, pity most people ain't got the first idea how to do it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well the hell is my snow !. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Where the hell is my snow ?!. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :dunce:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Unless it suddenly comes to a halt, its heading my way :clap2: .

I want my snow, its not fair boo hoo :cry:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It still +4c at the Southwick Weather Station with no sign of the mercury falling. It is bone dry but a bit breezy. No snow for me :nono: :cry:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its just arrived and as predicted earlier it is RAIN !:nono: :angry: .

Temperature at + 4c and not shifting.:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here