Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Snooker final: The Rocket v Pot Noodle

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Bozza said:
Snooker of the highest quality from, arguably, the best player to have ever graced the green baize.

no argument

147 in 5 minutes anyone??

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Mr deez said:
Shame some of the fans had no respect for his opponent - who's played some stunning snooker himself - and so tainted the final.

Yeah, He is an awsome player and he is a future world champion no doubt. I dont think they were booing him though.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Statto said:
Yeah, He is an awsome player and he is a future world champion no doubt. I dont think they were booing him though.

No, but cheering when he missed - when he was already clearly a broken man - can't have helped.

But hey ho, I think mostly i'm disappointed as I was looking forward to this final but it ended up a bit of a dud.

Last edited:

Really, and to face brutal truth - there would be no-one who could play much better than O'Sullivan just did tonight. It just wasn't about Ding, or any opponent who could have possibly challenged. It was one awesome display of top quality.

What was most astounding for me, was the speed that he played, and yet the complete accuracy and intelligence behind every placing of the white after each shot.
It looked like he was playing cavalier snooker, like it didn't matter or bear any thinking about!

Wow.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Mr deez said:
No, but cheering when he missed - when he was already clearly a broken man - can't have helped.

I think that's a little bit harsh. Wembley has always been overly partisan to the hero of the time. You can be cynical and suggest it was negative support towards Ronnie's opponent - I think it was, purely, pro-Ronnie support. And it was only clear that Ding was broken to those of us lucky enough to have the benefit of TV's close-ups - those in the arena would have little idea.

Mr deez said:
But hey ho, I think mostly i'm disappointed as I was looking forward to this final but it ended up a bit of a dud.

It was a dud only in the sense that it didn't end up being a 19 frame thriller. I'm certainly not disappointed having seen snooker of the quality that Ronnie displayed this evening.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Bozza said:

It was a dud only in the sense that it didn't end up being a 19 frame thriller. I'm certainly not disappointed having seen snooker of the quality that Ronnie displayed this evening.

True - I just thought Ding had done well enough leading up to the final to make a game of it, and so it could have been a classic.. especially considering Ronnie hadn't suggested he would play quite so brilliantly in his previous match.

Last edited:

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
and here i am...

The Great One...

Ronnie O'Sullivan :bowdown:

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
the genius was simply breathtaking producing near perfection snooker...

one of the great players :bowdown:

ding deserves a mention though hes had a fantastic tournament just unlucky to play ronnie in such good form...

but i was there for his semi final win over hendry and he played so well...

19 years old class act... already a star

well played in the tournament aswell ding :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here