Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sneak Preview of my next DVD!

Thanks to Tony Meola's Loan Spell, I have a few more videos to convertand have just tried the first one - extended highlights of the away game at newcastle in 1979! :eek: :clap2:

Probably means more to our older members than some of the newer ones but it's the first time I've seen this footage so I'm guessing that it is very rare. Commentary by Ken Wolsetnholme. :smokin:

Quality is a bit ropey in places but it is 26 years old!

Lots of other goodies that I will reveal nearer the time - I just need to get my DVD Recorder back from Curry's now.

BTW - I finally have the money through from Paypal so I will try and send off the cheque for the first batch of DVD's - being lazy I can't remember the exact amount but it was around £350.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The Great Cornholio said:
Rampant enthusiasm, I see! :lol:

I thought it was a good find anyway.
TGC, please don't be discouraged by the lack of instant reaction on here... the DVD archive of Albion material that you seem to be single handedly assembling is hugely appreciated by many already and in future will be enjoyed by thousands more... if and when, the Albion finally achieve anything like their potential in this modern cash-rich era there will be people queueing up for this historic footage...

is it really the promotion game at Newcastle? I was 10 years old and going to all home games at that time but was not allowed to travel up... definitely one of my "time machine" moments...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes it is extended highlights of newcastle v the albion. Even better is interviews in the dressing room at full time. Incl a young David Bobin and Lawro with a broken arm....

Moshe Gariani said:
TGC, please don't be discouraged by the lack of instant reaction on here... the DVD archive of Albion material that you seem to be single handedly assembling is hugely appreciated by many already and in future will be enjoyed by thousands more... if and when, the Albion finally achieve anything like their potential in this modern cash-rich era there will be people queueing up for this historic footage...

is it really the promotion game at Newcastle? I was 10 years old and going to all home games at that time but was not allowed to travel up... definitely one of my "time machine" moments...

Don't worry - I'm not getting worried. Just an excuse to bounce it as it got lost in the Cradiff stuff.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Well I wil certainly buy the match on DVD when you are ready to go into full scale production.

A friend of mine also has on video the news clips from Meridian/South Today/Sky Sports News of the last two seasons at the Goldstone, showing all the troubles Ar$ehole caused. An excellent set of footage which might be worth putting on DVD so we can all pass on the horrors Bellocky and Ar$ehole caused this great club of ours.

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
SurreySeagulls said:
Well I wil certainly buy the match on DVD when you are ready to go into full scale production.

A friend of mine also has on video the news clips from Meridian/South Today/Sky Sports News of the last two seasons at the Goldstone, showing all the troubles Ar$ehole caused. An excellent set of footage which might be worth putting on DVD so we can all pass on the horrors Bellocky and Ar$ehole caused this great club of ours.

I'd buy that. Not so interested in the Newcastle game because it's a long time before I was even born. Would probably buy it though :dunce:

SurreySeagulls said:

As do I - just need to find the time to edit it

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
SurreySeagulls said:

And I thought the bit on Sky before Sunday's game was quite good (Mayo's interview) to go at the end possibly

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Well I for one will be buying the Newcastle dvd as soon as TGC can get it sorted, I realise I'm showing my age but this still ranks as my favourite ever Albion game. I have wanted to see the footage for ages but, it seems crazy now, a lot of people didn't have video's in those days so any surviving footage must be really rare, although I do still have an audio cassette of the match commentary and also the scenes at Brighton Station when the team returned on the Seagull Special with us it's just not the same as actually 'seeing it'.

Thanks for all your work on these dvd's TGC :clap:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Al Bion said:
Well I for one will be buying the Newcastle dvd as soon as TGC can get it sorted, I realise I'm showing my age but this still ranks as my favourite ever Albion game. I have wanted to see the footage for ages but, it seems crazy now, a lot of people didn't have video's in those days so any surviving footage must be really rare, although I do still have an audio cassette of the match commentary and also the scenes at Brighton Station when the team returned on the Seagull Special with us it's just not the same as actually 'seeing it'.

Thanks for all your work on these dvd's TGC :clap:

One of my fav games as well...I was 17
....bloody hell thats a long time ago....was very ill when I got home....:drink:

count me in for a DVD..:)

I was going through some old casette tapes the other night (ah the old technology ) and came across a BBC local radio sports programme (the predecessor of SCR) from 1996 hosted by Russell Fuller (who is now a regular on radio 5) with loads of reaction after the 2-3 defeat by Darlington in December 96.

Lots of gloom and doom predictions "It is the end, the end, I don;t know how we are going to survive " etc etc

Open to suggestions as to how I can get onto Albion Archives.....

BTW - lots of the Goldstone crowd "Building a bonfire"

oh, and count me in for a DVD (any footage of the journey home - how pissed was Mullers!!!!!!!:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Storer68 said:
oh, and count me in for a DVD (any footage of the journey home - how pissed was Mullers!!!!!!!:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

I dont think there is any of the journey home. Definitely scenes from the dressing room after tho.

Storer68 said:
I was going through some old casette tapes the other night (ah the old technology ) and came across a BBC local radio sports programme (the predecessor of SCR) from 1996 hosted by Russell Fuller (who is now a regular on radio 5) with loads of reaction after the 2-3 defeat by Darlington in December 96.

Lots of gloom and doom predictions "It is the end, the end, I don;t know how we are going to survive " etc etc

Open to suggestions as to how I can get onto Albion Archives.....

BTW - lots of the Goldstone crowd "Building a bonfire"

I can probably convert them to mp3 as I've copied old C64 tapes onto the PC using a tape recorder and a lead to the sound card

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The Great Cornholio said:
I can probably convert them to mp3 as I've copied old C64 tapes onto the PC using a tape recorder and a lead to the sound card

Is there nothing you cant do?? I wish I still had my tape of the hereford commentary by Tony Millard...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Is there nothing you cant do?? I wish I still had my tape of the hereford commentary by Tony Millard...

Hehe! :lol: Copying sound files is easier than videos - you just connect a cassette recorder to your sound card and away you go.

BTW - I haven't forgotten my promise about the Palace game - I have the video encoded and it weighs in at 200MB for the whole 90 minutes. However, the audio is proving a problem at the moment. My new PC doesn't have my old codecs installed and I can't remember which one I used. I will get it up eventually but I'm sure it would be useful to have sound.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here