Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Snacks you've recently discovered.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I've just rediscovered the wonder that is a Breville Sandwich Toaster

Had a bit of a tough time at first, until checking for an instruction manual on the net, to find I was using a water-based marge as a coating, which was evaporating causing 'bread stickage...'

Upon using an oil based marge, stickage was 99% eliminated

Cheese and wholemeal bread toasted sarnies....

'Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........'

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
I've just rediscovered the wonder that is a Breville Sandwich Toaster

Had a bit of a tough time at first, until checking for an instruction manual on the net, to find I was using a water-based marge as a coating, which was evaporating causing 'bread stickage...'

Upon using an oil based marge, stickage was 99% eliminated

Cheese and wholemeal bread toasted sarnies....

'Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........'

Good Call.... Cheese and baked beans in a breville is superb and also scrambled egg mmmmm

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I discovered these little beauties a couple of months ago. Hot enough to give a comforting glow but not so hot that you are limited to just one. They can be nibbled without fear of "burnout" and are a warming treat.

Attachments

• peppers !.jpg
    peppers !.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 148

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
Discovered Black Pepper Cashews recently- they too are fantastic with beer, and less guiltsome than Honey Cashews. I love Black Pepper snacks...

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
getting the graze boxes a few times a week too... seems lazy but well worth it!

their dried apple is amazing.

and can you get salt and vinegar mccoys with chilli?!?! or is that a DIY job? sounds amazing.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Greggs sausage rolls, must be hot.

Sun dried bananas, look like turds but have an intense bananan taste.

Honey roast Cashews also.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Just discovered you can microwave poppadoms -- no more waiting for a special treat and dragging the fry-o-lator out.

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
Sometime over the weekend you have to pop in to Marks and Spencer and grab a bag of parsnip crisps with honey and black pepper. They are absolutely fuckin amazing !!!!!!! So much so that its quite worrying that addiction to these babies is very likely. I defy anyone on here to try them and not like them. I think they are only available in the larger stores rather than the service stations..

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sometime over the weekend you have to pop in to Marks and Spencer and grab a bag of parsnip crisps with honey and black pepper. They are absolutely fuckin amazing !!!!!!! So much so that its quite worrying that addiction to these babies is very likely. I defy anyone on here to try them and not like them. I think they are only available in the larger stores rather than the service stations..

sorry, Parsnips can only be served roast

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
not so much a snack as a dip:

Mayo and sweet chilli sauce. Particularly good with chicken.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I discovered these little beauties a couple of months ago. Hot enough to give a comforting glow but not so hot that you are limited to just one. They can be nibbled without fear of "burnout" and are a warming treat.

Excellent shout. I have also recently discovered these.

They're lovely.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove

You can buy pepperdew's filled with cream cheese...really tasty and compliments the hotness well.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Discovered these on a recent trip to South Africa, they are the business:

full.jpg

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Not recently discovered but well worth a mention. It is almost impossible to open a bag of Maryland Cookies without eating the whole pack.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here