• stay as you are, choke to death..

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Curious Orange said:
Silly idea really, whatever happened to freedom of choice. It should be the choice of the owners of pubs, clubs and restaurants whether they wish to ban smoking or not. I'm sure there is a market for both types of venue.

As for the health risks to employees, these are probably exaggerated. Life expectancy is only significantly reduced by exposure to a lot of smoke over a long period of time.

I agree (and I'm an ex smoker)

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Shut up Tobes, you love the fags.

:jester:

I love the fags, but it does get tiring if you've been blown by fags for about 3 hours.

I do hate the smell of FAGS on my clothes the next day.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've posted it before and I'll post it again. Here in Japan I walk for 20 minutes to get to work and the last 300 yards is down the side of a stacked 8 lane highway. Back home I had to walk down the A23 to get to work from the train station. I don't see the Euro health Nazi's creating safe walkways to offices or banning 10 ton trucks yet I have to suck in all that smoke to do my job. What about the untold unsafe work sites because someone cuts a few corners to make a few quid? What about the US? Can't have a smoke anywhere but here, have a gun and while you're out shooting people try not to think about what the local power station's doing to you. Why are smokers suddenly the social pariahs instead of unscrupulous corporate polluters?

And now, at the end of a hard day you can't have a fag in the pub? :angry:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Guinness Boy said:
I've posted it before and I'll post it again. Here in Japan I walk for 20 minutes to get to work and the last 300 yards is down the side of a stacked 8 lane highway. Back home I had to walk down the A23 to get to work from the train station. I don't see the Euro health Nazi's creating safe walkways to offices or banning 10 ton trucks yet I have to suck in all that smoke to do my job. What about the untold unsafe work sites because someone cuts a few corners to make a few quid? What about the US? Can't have a smoke anywhere but here, have a gun and while you're out shooting people try not to think about what the local power station's doing to you. Why are smokers suddenly the social pariahs instead of unscrupulous corporate polluters?

And now, at the end of a hard day you can't have a fag in the pub? :angry:

Damn straight.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I agree with possible bans in shopping centres and plcaes like that but in PUBS and CLUBS?

Are you having a pickle? That's the biggest bunch of crap i ever heard. Go to any pub that 'allows' smoking now and there will be a sticker on the wondow saying'Smoking allowed throught'. This is the way it should be done. Give customers the choice so they can't have a moan when somebody is smoking, they know the score then and if they don't want to sit in a potentially smokey atmosphere then they don't have to.

Totally agree. I'm a non-smoker and I know if I go into certain pubs like the Preston Park Tavern I'm going to go home smelling like an old ashtray but that's my choice. If you're worried about inhaling poisonous fumes then campaign against diesel cars and buses - they pump out more fumes per minute than a whole pub full of smokers. Electric trams only in city centres if you please.

...... and if you're genuinely concerned about health why not ban pubs full stop? They sell alcohol which is proven to be bad for your health. Don't give me that rubbish about smoking affects people around you whereas drinking only affects you - no man went home and hit his wife because he'd smoked one too many Woodbines.

Ban bans!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Going slightly off topic, maybe the Government are trying to cut peoples smoking in a vain attempt to conteract the effect of the emmissions coming from slow moving vehicles in residential areas. The slower the vehicle, the dirtier the burn....

Just a thought, bloody Nanny State, didn't have it when I was a kid in the Seventies and Eighties. Cars were unsafe, no-one wore seat-belts, smoking was accepted everywhere, kids played in the woods unsupervised, mud was mud, runny eggs were delicious, you were encouraged to stand at football matches etc, etc, etc.....

And despite all these dangers I'm alive and well.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
This is a joke and i pity the loss of buisness for all the places,well can you imagine how people will react towards the old bill or whoever grrrrrrr.:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here