Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smart move by CHARLTON

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
still wankers though

am I the only Brighton fan who doesn't enjoy some cosy love in with them?

No. But I mainly hated them because of Curbishite.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Burnley have done a similar initiative. Something along the lines of : buy a season ticket for next season and if they get promoted to the premiership (unlikely, admittedly), then you get to keep it for a second year at no cost.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
still wankers though

am I the only Brighton fan who doesn't enjoy some cosy love in with them?

Nope I f***ing HATE them with a PASSION.

BUYING in fans from other areas.

TRYING to get a rivalry with PALACE

And NEVER ever forget how they stitched us up with John Robinson....

Charlton PATHETIC :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think Charlton run their club VERY sensibly. They seem to be the only team around (certainly of Premiership clubs) who actively try to encourage fans in rather than sitting back on their laurels thinking that fans will simply keep turning up.

For example, they run a free bus service all over Kent on match days to pick you up and drop you off. I'm not sure how widespread the coverage is, but I live in Meopham which is a relatively small village in Kent, and the nearest pick-up point is at the end of my road, right outside my local!

Therefore, if it wasn't for the fact that I was already chained to the oars of the good ship BHA, Charlton would win my support hands down. What a great day. Wander down my local, meet up with some friends, talk about the up coming game over a few pints. Bus turns up, and takes us to the Valley, and brings us back to the pub again to mull over the result, washing it all down with some more beer.

Premiership football, at about £75 a season less than I pay at Withers.

If, like so many of my age, family and kids, not to mention moving away, had led me to stop going to the Albion, then I'd be sorely tempted to be getting back into football with Charlton. And it would be largely down to that fact that they appear to look out for their fans rather than rip them off.

Charlton :clap:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Gritt23 said:
I think Charlton run their club VERY sensibly. They seem to be the only team around (certainly of Premiership clubs) who actively try to encourage fans in rather than sitting back on their laurels thinking that fans will simply keep turning up.

For example, they run a free bus service all over Kent on match days to pick you up and drop you off. I'm not sure how widespread the coverage is, but I live in Meopham which is a relatively small village in Kent, and the nearest pick-up point is at the end of my road, right outside my local!

Therefore, if it wasn't for the fact that I was already chained to the oars of the good ship BHA, Charlton would win my support hands down. What a great day. Wander down my local, meet up with some friends, talk about the up coming game over a few pints. Bus turns up, and takes us to the Valley, and brings us back to the pub again to mull over the result, washing it all down with some more beer.

Premiership football, at about £75 a season less than I pay at Withers.

If, like so many of my age, family and kids, not to mention moving away, had led me to stop going to the Albion, then I'd be sorely tempted to be getting back into football with Charlton. And it would be largely down to that fact that they appear to look out for their fans rather than rip them off.

Charlton :clap:

I played cricket for Meopham Boys back in the early 70's...we used to live in Isted Rise

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Dave the Gaffer said:
I played cricket for Meopham Boys back in the early 70's...we used to live in Isted Rise

What a small world!!!

It's a cracking cricket green, really beautiful, with pubs on the boundary. A tremendous way to spend a lazy, sunny Sunday afternoon.

The free bus for Charlton has a pick-up point outside The George - if you remember it? - and I live in Cheyne Walk, so it really would be perfect, but alas, my colours are nailed very much to the Albion mast.

it will make it pretty tricky to encourage my son to join me though, especially if his mates if a few years are all piling on the bus to watch FAR better football.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So hang on, they could be talking about giving away 20,000 free season tickets if they go down and come straight back up again? If the average season ticket price is £500 that's £10million they've given away.

The fact that they can even contemplate giving that amount of money away shows just how far the gulf has widened between the Premiership and Leagues 1 and 2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here