Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smart move by CHARLTON

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Buy a season ticket for next season at the Valley, and if they go down but are promoted back to the Premiership at the first attempt, then those who bought a Championship season ticket for 2007/08 will get their 2008/09 Premiership season ticket for FREE.

So far they've sold 16,000 - which is already 3,000 up on last year. Now THATS a proper reward for loyalty, and with the ridiculous amount of cash now sloshing around in the Prem, its a financial hit they'll be able to take in their stride if they go back up. Meantime, they'll still be playing in front of decent Championship crowds if they do end up going down.

Damn good idea, that.

:clap:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm fairly indifferent to Charlton really. The only time I get IRKED by them is when BBC South Today involve them in the goals news/roundup, which is RIDICULOUS being as they're a London club.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I was in the pub earlier and they had a newspaper article above the urinal which said that a Bradford season ticket next year will work out at £6 a game!:eek:

That's a proper football price:clap:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I admire Charlton, they're about as similar to Brighton as it's possible to get. I've only ever seen them once and that was at Smellworst Park so I can appreciate what they've been through. They were away from the Valley for 7 years, imagine being homeless for that length of time...

We should be looking up to a club like Charlton. What they've achieved is eminently achievable by the Albion. Yes they've tried to poach Sussex based fans but you know what...they're the proactive ones and we missed a trick so blame Brighton for missing out.

All in all, they're a nice club, will never be a superpower and might always struggle in the Premiership...sounds a bit like the Albion?

Considering the Valley has a 27,111 capacity their average home gates are tremendous:
2006-07: 26,096 (Through 15 games thus far)
2005-06: 26,196
2004-05: 26,403
2003-04: 26,293
2002-03: 26,256

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Having said all that, I personally would like to see Charlton go down because my mate is a huge fan and ridicules me for supporting Brighton.

:lolol: :jester:

Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
still wankers though

am I the only Brighton fan who doesn't enjoy some cosy love in with them?

Never disliked them until they started a cynical poaching attempt of Albion fans.

They can languish in the lower leagues forever because of that.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Nemesis said:
Never disliked them until they started a cynical poaching attempt of Albion fans.

They can languish in the lower leagues forever because of that.

I don't condone it but why didn't the Albion get there first?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Fixtures. I agree though, oh that we could afford to do something similar.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Will be interesting to see how many other clubs, currently playing in front of half empty stadia, are tempted to reduce their admission prices.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Da Man Clay said:
No it doesnt. The league we are in and our lack of ambition however does.

I think that is a bit harsh. I agree, we need to bolster the ranks, but considering we make losses even when Withdean is full that would suggest we have a fair amount of ambition as it is - spending over our revenue.

A scheme that may have been feasible would have been to offer season tickets for c£300 as long as we sold 6,000.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I know one Brighton fan who has taken up that offer.

he is a very long time season ticket holder at Brighton, but is moving up nearer London and has had enough, even to the point that Saturday he left at half time.

His argument is that he can watch one season of Championship football and if luckey 1 season of premiership football for £500 odd

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
dougdeep said:
Fixtures. I agree though, oh that we could afford to do something similar.

I believe DK is considering doing something similar for next season.

The final details haven't been confirmed, but it will be something like...

Buy a season ticket now, and if we manage to score more than 3 goals at home next term, the club will secure you a life peerage, fund the purchase of a new BMW for you and every member of your family, and you will also be given a hospitality box at the new (mythical) stadium in Falmer.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Barrel of Fun said:
Should that not be ex-Brighton Fan?

Yes , unfortunately. Been to quite a few games with him too

:down: :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here