Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smart cards not working

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It was a great game and a great afternoon out but I was mightily pissed off to discover that our smartcards weren't valid and we had to get a paper ticket. This was despite getting an email when booking our tickets informing me that our tickets had been loaded onto our smart cards and my getting an email a couple of days ago confirming it.

Last year, tickets were loaded onto our smartcards so why the change of policy? And why didn't they send out paper tickets - I booked them two weeks ago, that's plenty of time to send them out. All the people around me in the queue had the same problem - and were also told paper tickets weren't necessary.

I got there especially early today so that I could enjoy the build-up but ended up queuing for 30 minutes so missed the first ten minutes of the game. My little boy was amazingly patient while we waited but the whole episode was an unnecessary hiccup on what should have been a great afternoon.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It was a great game and a great afternoon out but I was mightily pissed off to discover that our smartcards weren't valid and we had to get a paper ticket. This was despite getting an email when booking our tickets informing me that our tickets had been loaded onto our smart cards and my getting an email a couple of days ago confirming it.

Last year, tickets were loaded onto our smartcards so why the change of policy? And why didn't they send out paper tickets - I booked them two weeks ago, that's plenty of time to send them out. All the people around me in the queue had the same problem - and were also told paper tickets weren't necessary.

I got there especially early today so that I could enjoy the build-up but ended up queuing for 30 minutes so missed the first ten minutes of the game. My little boy was amazingly patient while we waited but the whole episode was an unnecessary hiccup on what should have been a great afternoon.

Sorry to hear that. Ours were loaded and worked without probs.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Were you in your ST seats, if you were the smart cards "should" have worked, ours did ok. Bit of a mess for you to miss the start. It seemed the north stand was oversold as quite a few were sharing seats.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
My Smartcard worked too, I'm sorry to hear you had problems. Especially to miss the start, that is a massive cock up by the club and you deserve an apology.

I got there at 1:30 today, didn't trust the transport and didn't want to have problems getting in. Happily, all went well but I feel sorry for people who had problems. I had problems before the Liverpool game and got to mg seat exactly at kick off which was a real annoyance.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Interesting ..i had the same problem and told them the email said it would be on the smart card so they should let me in ...which they duly did..sorry to hear you had more of a problem than me

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I booked my ticket for East Upper as it was the only ticket I could get. It was put onto my ST, fair enough but when I went there it didn't work and I was apparently in West Upper? Had to find my seat, not really knowing where I was going. The stewards were very helpful BUT I would of preferred the club to of sent me a ticket so I know where I'm going in future.

Can't wait to get back to my usual standing spot at the back of the North!

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
You can check whether the game has been loaded to your card on the ecash page (exact instructions from someone else) - each game I've gone in a different seat comes up as loaded to BARCODE instead of CARD. Every time I've sat elsewhere for a cup game it says it will be put on my card and then I get tickets in the post.

the club putting a reminder in the pre-match brief email that tickets would be loaded to your ST even if sitting elsewhere nearly caught me out though, fortunately while topping up the ecash I discovered the info above, decided not to believe them and picked up my post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here