Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Slobodan Drapic

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Is this a wind up? Or we actually considering him, know nothing about him, but looking at his wiki page looks like we will be in same position next summer

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
1739373.webp

This guy remains firmly up there despite being pretty much nobody, so I had to take a closer look and dig through Israeli media.

Apparently, according to a post-game interview on May 18th, Slobodan Drapic and Beram Kayal (who after his injury has turned into some sort of coach or something) visited Brighton recently.

Google Translate:
"We saw training and met some interesting people, it was an enriching trip and we learned a few things. After Biram's injury, I didn't want him to be bored at home and I told him to come to training, but he actually became a bridge between the professional team and the management.

"Khiel (different spelling of Kayal, I suppose) talks to agents, takes care of the things we need and it's good that he is with us. I am not the one who decides and gives definitions, but it is important that Biram is there and gives the balance. The truth is that there are a few more people we will have to add, there are many good people who work voluntarily and this is not the best for a professional group."

Another article referring to the same thing:

"The inspiration for the playing style of Bnei Sakhnin this season is Brighton from the Premier League, where apart from the professional interest, the connection between the parties is through Biram Kiel, who previously played for Brighton and will serve as Sakhnin's professional manager.

In both, Sloboden Drapich and Kiel took off for further training as the guests of honor of the English club. Among other things, they toured Brighton's facilities, met the professional staff, the players as well as the academics.

Apart from professional ideas, the goal is to develop Sakhnin's youth department, which is in a fantastic season for them. Kiel and Drapitch watched the game between Tottenham and Manchester City last night"

And indeed, going a few weeks further back, there's another article about Beram & Drapic going to Brighton for a visit, and we find the picture at the top of this post, and also this:

1739360.webp

Looking at more recent articles linking Drapic to Brighton, they refer to this trip (claiming there's rumours "friendships were made"), as well as him being high up in the betting markets.

This guy is probably can't be entirely ruled out, but I think it was only a study trip - no way would they have been this public about it if there was any chance of it happening. But then again, maybe Drapic made a very good impression.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
This ^

Didn’t we do similar and build a relationship with Valencia when Vicente was part of their back room staff.

We could also be doing this with the idea of having Beram come back one day to take over from PBOBE or Weir should they move on or retire.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
You’re contradicting yourself
I "ruled him out" before, but when I see a picture of a manager standing in front of our "club house" a few weeks ago, I kind of have to give him a 0.1% chance.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
1739373.webp

This guy remains firmly up there despite being pretty much nobody, so I had to take a closer look and dig through Israeli media.

Apparently, according to a post-game interview on May 18th, Slobodan Drapic and Beram Kayal (who after his injury has turned into some sort of coach or something) visited Brighton recently.

Google Translate:
"We saw training and met some interesting people, it was an enriching trip and we learned a few things. After Biram's injury, I didn't want him to be bored at home and I told him to come to training, but he actually became a bridge between the professional team and the management.

"Khiel (different spelling of Kayal, I suppose) talks to agents, takes care of the things we need and it's good that he is with us. I am not the one who decides and gives definitions, but it is important that Biram is there and gives the balance. The truth is that there are a few more people we will have to add, there are many good people who work voluntarily and this is not the best for a professional group."

Another article referring to the same thing:

"The inspiration for the playing style of Bnei Sakhnin this season is Brighton from the Premier League, where apart from the professional interest, the connection between the parties is through Biram Kiel, who previously played for Brighton and will serve as Sakhnin's professional manager.

In both, Sloboden Drapich and Kiel took off for further training as the guests of honor of the English club. Among other things, they toured Brighton's facilities, met the professional staff, the players as well as the academics.

Apart from professional ideas, the goal is to develop Sakhnin's youth department, which is in a fantastic season for them. Kiel and Drapitch watched the game between Tottenham and Manchester City last night"

And indeed, going a few weeks further back, there's another article about Beram & Drapic going to Brighton for a visit, and we find the picture at the top of this post, and also this:

1739360.webp

Looking at more recent articles linking Drapic to Brighton, they refer to this trip (claiming there's rumours "friendships were made"), as well as him being high up in the betting markets.

This guy is probably can't be entirely ruled out, but I think it was only a study trip - no way would they have been this public about it if there was any chance of it happening. But then again, maybe Drapic made a very good impression.
That’s Bruno too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here