Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slightly drunk, superiority complex...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
... and I'm not even from Hove.

Right first off don't judge me, friends were down, who we only see annually at best.

We went to the Bognor Rox free concert, tonight.
The only act we saw, was a plain wrong G & R tribute act, Slash & Co.

When they did decide to play tracks from Appetite, a small mosh pit developed.

I found myself, in my forties, looking on ashamed at what the youth of today had become.
They were running around thinking they were pinballs, nobody looked scared because there was nothing to be frightened of.
Fair play to the old skool fella reinacting his youth, but my life, he was lost in a sea tepid limp wristed backpack wearing Rodneys, thinking it was a laugh then crying when they got a scratch.

They couldn't have got on the door of Motorhead, Joe Strummer, Spear of Destiny, Birdland, The Cropdusters, The Macc Lads.
These weren't even rough gigs but would have killed these Jean-Paul Gautier adverts in one swoop.

Night all.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Right first off don't judge me, friends were down, who we only see annually at best.

I found myself, in my forties, looking on ashamed at what the youth of today had become.
They were running around thinking they were pinballs, nobody looked scared because there was nothing to be frightened of.
Fair play to the old skool fella reinacting his youth, but my life, he was lost in a sea tepid limp wristed backpack wearing Rodneys, thinking it was a laugh then crying when they got a scratch.

They couldn't have got on the door of Motorhead, Joe Strummer, Spear of Destiny, Birdland, The Cropdusters, The Macc Lads.
These weren't even rough gigs but would have killed these Jean-Paul Gautier adverts in one swoop.

Night all.

Bring back Rod Hull and Emu. Where is the anarchy in Kids Culture.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What bands are you hailing as mosh pit?? hahaha!! Go to SLF, Jam, Clash, Spizz Energi and the likes in the late 70's ... jeeeze

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was 9, at the oldest.
I did through Joe Strummer's Earthquake Weather tour in, though.

Ah happy days

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Have a word with the late 70's type gig goer's mate... that was when mosh pits were good (or bloody stupid!)

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Night all.

Hehehe...a fine post!

Couldn't you add Sham 69 and (early) Stranglers gigs to that list of carnage at the end?!

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
In my day, it was just "dahn the front"

Since the missus got crushed by some goon at the front of a Cribs gig i'm not allowed 'dahn the front' anymore... Last gig we went to i had to stop her getting in a fight with some bloke :facepalm:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Though not really my sort of music I went to see crazy kevan in around 1980........total chaos, those rockabillys are f***ing mental!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
The Meteors/Long Tall Texans/King Kurt etc..........pure mayhem !!!
Ah those were the days !!!

Sent from my bed in my garden shed !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here