Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sleeping problems

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
The last week, I've been waking up at a certain time in the morning, between 2:45 and 3am. My body is not familiar at waking up at that time, but it's consecutive and it's starting to spook me out!

Anyone had this before?

Sleeping is about patterns, so do something to make you really tired one night and you'll sleep through and break the habit.

kjgood

Stress! are you particularly stressed at the moment? That may be a reason why you are waking up. I would agree with others though, exercise, cut out coffee, alcohol and surprisingly cheese, fresh air in the room, check the heating controls, dont have the room too hot and do you have a partner that snores?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Stress! are you particularly stressed at the moment? That may be a reason why you are waking up. I would agree with others though, exercise, cut out coffee, alcohol and surprisingly cheese, fresh air in the room, check the heating controls, dont have the room too hot and do you have a partner that snores?

I am very stressed right now yep.

I spoke to my sister about it today, she said when she previously went to a medium, my late grandfather has been trying to give me signals for a while now about not to worry about things so much, so maybe that's related to it as well.

D

Deleted member 18477

Yeah I had similar for a while. I made sure I didn't have any caffeine after about 3:30pm on advice of a friend and it worked.

Also, since I've started doing a bit more exercise recently I've been sleeping like a log. Just a tip!

this. in fact i'd recommend trying to quit caffeine altogether for a period of time. thats what i had to do - don't want my body to only function on caffeine i want it to function naturally from good rest instead. plus adding in more regular exercise and not eating loads of sugar in a day to stop myself feeling sleepy before bedtime. i also stopped lying in at weekends. my latest lie in at a weekend now is 9am.

my sleep is incredible now. shattered by 10, usually asleep by 11 latest.

D

Deleted member 18477

Hmm I've been havig the same problems

This could be the reason for me as I've been taking jack3d and caffine pills(at around 3pm) but thought it wouldnt effect my sleep as its so early?!?!?!

you def dont need both. i tried a few of these pre workouts but found that getting better sleep/rest periods was far better. fell asleep easier which meant i had more rest which meant you can work out longer/harder. i'd recommend creatine though? doesnt matter when you take it, ignore all the pre/post workout crap you read. i take it first thing. only thing i do different is drink LOTS of water. noticeable size and stength gains. didnt even 'load' phase it. just 5g per day consistently for a month. and then took a week off and then another month back on etc.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I spoke to my sister about it today, she said when she previously went to a medium, my late grandfather has been trying to give me signals for a while now about not to worry about things so much, so maybe that's related to it as well.

I suffered similarly about 7-8 years ago when I was going through a stressful time, and I would often wake up in a pool of sweat at 1-2am. I cut out the caffeine after lunchtime and had a shower and a horlicks before going to bed about 30-40 minutes before I needed to so that I could relax with a book. Doing this was very effective.

Your sister is talking bollocks; she deserves a firm kick in the clunge for being so gullible and suggesting that paranormal activity may be the cause of your insomnia.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
you def dont need both. i tried a few of these pre workouts but found that getting better sleep/rest periods was far better. fell asleep easier which meant i had more rest which meant you can work out longer/harder. i'd recommend creatine though? doesnt matter when you take it, ignore all the pre/post workout crap you read. i take it first thing. only thing i do different is drink LOTS of water. noticeable size and stength gains. didnt even 'load' phase it. just 5g per day consistently for a month. and then took a week off and then another month back on etc.

The thing is I need a prework out as they generally help me, I was on the original jack3d and had no trouble with sleeping, then it got banned so I stocked up on what I could afford to buy and it ran out couple of weeks ago so I ended up get the jack3d micro, tbh it's not as good and maybe it's something in there thats keeping me awake all the time or I just need to get use to it for a little bit, once it's gone I will try something else.

I do use creatine also, to be fair didn't really do my full research on it and eneded up getting some crap chinese stuff so binned it and recently got some reflex creapure creatine which I can already tell is doing alot more after a month.

Bullshit Man

Feb 27, 2013

bullshitman2.gif

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I read something in the History magazine which suggested our ancestors regularly used to wake up and get up for a few hours each night. Used to read, knit, copulate etc. The human body doesn't naturally sleep for long stretches.
I understand Da Vinci used to sleep for 20 minutes every 4 hours.

Me, I quite often go complete nights without sleep, so frequently that my GP has given me pukka sleeping pills. One of those and BANG out for the count.
I put it down to stress, hence me jacking my job in now and moving to something else.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
The last week, I've been waking up at a certain time in the morning, between 2:45 and 3am. My body is not familiar at waking up at that time, but it's consecutive and it's starting to spook me out!

Anyone had this before?

Have a cup of cocoa and smoke a spliff 1 hour before bedtime,you will sleep like a baby :D

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Surely your late Grandfather must realise that waking you up at 3am is what is worrying you......maybe he should give you a few signals just before you are due to wake up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here