Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sleeping problems

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
The last week, I've been waking up at a certain time in the morning, between 2:45 and 3am. My body is not familiar at waking up at that time, but it's consecutive and it's starting to spook me out!

Anyone had this before?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Yeah I had similar for a while. I made sure I didn't have any caffeine after about 3:30pm on advice of a friend and it worked.

Also, since I've started doing a bit more exercise recently I've been sleeping like a log. Just a tip!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I've been told by 3 different people, that it means a spirit is watching me, now I'm spooked.

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
Is your heating coming on as the thermostat kicks in? That can do it.

The last week, I've been waking up at a certain time in the morning, between 2:45 and 3am. My body is not familiar at waking up at that time, but it's consecutive and it's starting to spook me out!

Anyone had this before?

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
For years, I've woken up nightly at 2-hour intervals. Doc thought it was my thyroid, and she was right.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom

Anyone had this before?

Hmm I've been havig the same problems

Yeah I had similar for a while. I made sure I didn't have any caffeine after about 3:30pm on advice of a friend and it worked.

Also, since I've started doing a bit more exercise recently I've been sleeping like a log. Just a tip!

This could be the reason for me as I've been taking jack3d and caffine pills (at around 3pm) but thought it wouldnt effect my sleep as its so early?!?!?!

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I believe caffeine takes around 24 hours to get fully out of the system. Went "cold turkey" once and got bad headaches for several days, so I've cut way down since.

I know your not meant to take more than 600mg of caffine in a 24 hour period, but I didn't realise it would effect me after taking it 7 / 8 hours before I go to bed, time to cut down to just the jack3d then I think.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Are you over 50? It's only your body telling you to get up and pee. Get used to it, thousands of us have to. :down:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I suffer really badly with lack of sleep, I'm a really light sleeper which doesn't help, a mouse could fart half a mile down the road and it will wake me up.

I've been waking up regularly at 3.30am and can't get back to sleep so just toss and turn in bed getting more frustrated until my alarm goes off at 6.

I've now narrowed it down to drinking alcohol, more specifically cider and a certain ingredient in it but it happened last night after drinking lager so it's no more drinking on a school night for me full stop and see what happens.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
an oriental herbalist once told me that 3am is when the body waking up and the liver is processing alchohol and it is that process which wakes you up - probably tosh and didn't stop me drinking but in fairness if I have been out for a beer or ten, I do seem to wake automatically at 3am!....

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The spiritualist community do attach a lot of importance to 3am citing ( variously) the end of the "witching" hours when ghosts try and tell you things and the time when Jesus died and/or wad resurrected.

They are head mental though so I would ignore their shit. I suspect there is something waking you like a neighbours alarm clock or your heating timer which is happening at the quietest time of night.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've just finished a load of night shifts, and without fail, have woken every morning this set at 1055am (after getting to bed about 7am). Massively annoying & I've ended up lying there trying to go back to sleep. This is a fairly regular thing and I have no idea why the 11am zone causes me to wake.

If I've had a few drinks on my day off I habitually tend to wake up about 3am, but I have no doubt that's the alcohol making me too hot to sleep.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here