Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sleep patterns, NSC style.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Honestly, and this is of almost genuine interest, how many hours a night do you sleep for?

I am happy with 6 hours a night, 3 is enough to survive the next day, 10 is heaven.

And does anyone have a regular 'bedtime'? I only ask because I work shifts and I'm all over the shop, sleep wise, at the moment. Just wondering if its only me?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Zzzzzhhhhhzzzz....

....eh ? wha...EH ?....mmmmhhh....zzzz....mmmnah...juss.....*snort*

......zzzzzzzzzzz

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I normally work days but we're really busy so I'm doing the night shift this week to help out, and its not doing me any good,

Tried to stay up last night to sleep in this morning but failed so I've been awake since 7 and don't finish til 7 this morning.

Normally I'm up at 6 in the morning and try to be in bed by 22.30 and asleep by 23.30.

I can survive the week on 5 hours sleep a night if I don't have a drink in the evening but I feel fooked by Friday night which is my favourite social night to Saturday.

Shift work is the pits and screws your body clock up big time.

I'll just be used to staying up all night then it'll be the weekend again and time to start to sleep at night. It's shit. Really shit.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
My shifts are either 7.30 - 15.30 / 14.00 - 22.00 / 22.00 - 7.30.

I've had to do all three in a day before.

They're not good shifts, I used to do those a few years ago on a 4 on 4 off system, I never used to really see anyone Anne it cost me a relationship.

Since vowed to never do those again.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
When I can be arsed to work I am up at 7am and usually in bed around 11pm... when I can't be arsed to work (like now) I get up around 10.30am and go to bed whenever (note the time).

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Probably about 5 or 6. I usually go to bed between eleven and midnight and get up at about 05:00 (earlier in the summer). No alarm, I just wake up then.

There was a little Victorian rhyme about hours of sleep:

"Nature needs but five,
Custom gives us seven,
Idleness takes nine,
And wickedness eleven!"

D

Deleted member 18477

bed at 12ish! Up at half 6.

6 and a half hours roughly a night. I rarely get 7 let alone 10 unless it's the weekend. Survived the next day on 2 hours before though. Even went to the gym after work that day as well. Couldn't do it everyday though. Body needs to recover properly to function! And your mental state needs a rest too.

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
Even if I shut my eyes in total darkness and silence it can take me an hour to eventually get to sleep. So in bed by 22.30 then I'm never awake after midnight.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
My sleeping pattern is f***ed!

kip

Aug 2, 2011
I like at least 8 hours, quite often in bed by 9 and read to about 10. Always up by 7 at the latest (my 4 year old son makes sure of that). I dont know how people manage on less

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
I work on a freelance basis and struggle for regular sleep...last week was awful, yet this week works out really well..

For example...on Sunday I have to travel to London to start work at 5, leaving Chichester by 3.30...I finish at 1 and am still planning on getting to the game. Aiming for racecourse park and ride. Do-able?!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Going to bed before 23:40hrs is for wimps, regardless of what time you've got to be up in the morning. Carpe Diem and all that.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
My sleep is all over the place because my shifts vary every week. I could work mostly day shifts (9am-7pm) or mostly nights (5pm-2am) and my sleep time reflects theses. Days I generally end up asleep by 2,230 am. nights generally between 4-5am Its currently 10 past 4 here and am still awake.....I have a meeting at 10am though so not much sleep tonight. I like to get 7-8 hours a night. I can survive on 4, and 10 is "heaven" aka too much....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here