Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sledging

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Just got back from clayton hill, cracking fun and had a couple of beers in the pub at the bottom of the hill. Injured my thumb but could've been much worse, nearly took a wooden sledge in the head a couple of times

The closest I came to an injury was when 3 of us went down on a road sign (We didn't steal it - It was already there, before somebody has a moan up.), all of us went head first into a tree - amazingly, we were all ok.

Oh, and I can imagine Clayton Hill being quite good - That's by the Jack & Jill windmills, isn't it?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The closest I came to an injury was when 3 of us went down on a road sign (We didn't steal it - It was already there, before somebody has a moan up.), all of us went head first into a tree - amazingly, we were all ok.

Oh, and I can imagine Clayton Hill being quite good - That's by the Jack & Jill windmills, isn't it?

Yeah that's the one. Always quite busy up there when the snows about but loads of space and quite steep in places, if you go from the top you get some proper speed going. It's just a nightmare walking back up every two minutes if you're an unfit bastard like me:nono:
I could still see about 20 nutters doing it in the dark when I left the pub :lolol:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
clayton hill is f***ing MINT

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Yeah that's the one. Always quite busy up there when the snows about but loads of space and quite steep in places, if you go from the top you get some proper speed going. It's just a nightmare walking back up every two minutes if you're an unfit bastard like me:nono:
I could still see about 20 nutters doing it in the dark when I left the pub :lolol:

I did it in the dark last night, absolutely criminal. Do not recommend.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007

Yeah, Wild Park was still very busy at 17,00 when I left, pretty dark then, too.:shootself

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On the slopes surrounding Cissbury Ring. Fantastic stuff.
Same with us.
There can be no greater joy than racing a canoe down a slope on a solid bottomed boogie board.

TheFatBallBoy

Jan 10, 2010
Hove
Just got back from clayton hill, cracking fun and had a couple of beers in the pub at the bottom of the hill. Injured my thumb but could've been much worse, nearly took a wooden sledge in the head a couple of times

Did that a couple of years back, as i can remember snow was only hitting the north facing side of the downs. Cracking Sledging although a little dangerous at the bottom :p

(My first post :smile:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here