Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Sleaford Mods ticket - Friday at the Dome

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Is this a piss take?

Standing in front of a laptop and dancing with a pint is not art. Imagine you didn't know who they were and you paid £26 to see that?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Well I'm going and cant wait. Seen them loads- first time at The Albert when only one of them turned up. It was still a great evening.
Dry Cleaning are the support this time round- dont miss them, their album will be in the top five of many 'best of 2021' listings.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
It’s amazing how you need literally no talent this days to release music ! If I saw them on comic relief I would assume it’s a wind up , it’s that bad .

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
It’s amazing how you need literally no talent this days to release music ! If I saw them on comic relief I would assume it’s a wind up , it’s that bad .

Just out of interest what would your 'go to' musical choice be? Genre or artist.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Is this a piss take?

Standing in front of a laptop and dancing with a pint is not art. Imagine you didn't know who they were and you paid £26 to see that?

Stormzy is just a bloke shouting over a backing track and he headlined Glastonbury.

Different strokes for different folks and all that.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I have wide musical tastes but I appreciate artists that have talent even if it’s not my type of music .

With respect sleaford mods is not any genre of music it’s just utter rubbish , the lowest form of music taste possible . Two drunk men who look like they’ve just escaped prison, shouting down a microphone about how terrible life is . How is that attractive to hear ! Anyone can do that .

My personal taste ranges from Roxy Music , David Bowie to U2 & Aretha Franklin & lots of stuff in between .

I’m not a fan of heavy metal etc but I appreciate bands like iron maiden are talented & are good at what they do , even if it’s not my taste .

I like to hear lyrics being sung not screamed .

Level 42 , deacon blue etc tell stories well .

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Seen them three times in the past. The ultimate marmite act I guess. First venue I saw them was a converted public toilet in Tunbridge Wells (Forum) and last time about three years ago, a former East German slaughter house in a run down industrial area. Perfect ambiance for them. Unsure as to how they will be suited to a larger venue like the Dome?

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Stormzy is just a bloke shouting over a backing track and he headlined Glastonbury.

Different strokes for different folks and all that.

There's more talent and skill in what he does than shit dancing in front of a laptop. I couldn't do what Stormzy does.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I've quite enjoyed some Sleaford Mods stuff and it amuses me no end that Iggy Pop is such a big fan. Recently I've found their stuff a bit dull though.

I'd be curious to know if their live act is evolving in any way or is it the same formula? I do wonder if it will all begin to wear thin.

I say all this as a big fan of another "marmite" band, The Fall: "always different, always the same".

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I have wide musical tastes but I appreciate artists that have talent even if it’s not my type of music .

With respect sleaford mods is not any genre of music it’s just utter rubbish , the lowest form of music taste possible . Two drunk men who look like they’ve just escaped prison, shouting down a microphone about how terrible life is . How is that attractive to hear ! Anyone can do that .

My personal taste ranges from Roxy Music , David Bowie to U2 & Aretha Franklin & lots of stuff in between .

I’m not a fan of heavy metal etc but I appreciate bands like iron maiden are talented & are good at what they do , even if it’s not my taste .

I like to hear lyrics being sung not screamed .

Level 42 , deacon blue etc tell stories well .

So you have a wide taste in pop music. Fair enough.

Sounds like the folk that pick the non stop oldies dross on Radio 2 in the afternoon and describe their taste as 'eclectic'. No, it's a wide taste in pop music, nothing more.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Dry Cleaning are the support this time round- dont miss them, their album will be in the top five of many 'best of 2021' listings.

Surprised Dry Cleaning are still doing support, tbh - they deserve to be a headline act now.

Jul 20, 2003
I saw them at The Old Market a few years ago. They came in the pub where I was working for some grub and a pint in the afternoon. They liked some of the songs I had playing; Husker Du, Wedding Present, Can, ACR Jonathan Richman ... they particularly enjoyed Cud. They gave me a freebie, which was a nice gesture.

Never heard them before and after 5 minutes I was on the verge of downing my pint and leaving but bumped into a mate and stuck around for a bit.

They're superb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here