Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade's record

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Who cares? :p

Fair enough, give my dad some stick but lets wait until the end of the season first :jester:

Personally I think he deserves plenty of stick for creating a ridiculous thread before Slade had even had a week with the squad. Regardless of whether we stay up or not!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Played 12

Won 5
Frawn 1
Lost 6

For 17
Against 18

Points 16

Position predictor - 11th

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
11th? How's that then?

You been on the sauce or somefink, Gubber?

Keep up. That record in itself would get 11th in the time he has been with us. I have been on the sauce as it happens because Peter Ward has confirmed REMF 8 and the Albion won so I am feeling rather tired and emotional now.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Played 12

Won 5
Frawn 1
Lost 6

For 17
Against 18

Points 16

Position predictor - 11th

That's ridiculous to say that though. It took him quite a few games to turn is around as we were on such poor form, and since then, we are on 4 wins from 5.

If we stay up, surely no-one can have anything bad to say about the man?

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
I Love this thread(?) Please tell me this is one of these infamous humorous NSc threads? I havent been on here for years mainly because of my high regard for those who post. But this is new heights, managers can only be responsible for those games they pick the team for so the arithmetic is dire!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
That's ridiculous to say that though. It took him quite a few games to turn is around as we were on such poor form, and since then, we are on 4 wins from 5.

If we stay up, surely no-one can have anything bad to say about the man?

I am not sure what is ridiculous :shrug:

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I am not sure what is ridiculous :shrug:

Cannot put a position on where we'd be under him. He took over a squad with no fight and a losing mentality who were being rolled over week after week. It took him a handfall of games to stamp his authority on the team but when he did, he has completely turned this season around.

I think every fan should acknowlegde what he's done if he keeps us up and definately deserves a 2 year contract.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
His record so far would get us 11th I cannot see what is hard to understand.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
His record so far would get us 11th I cannot see what is hard to understand.

I think hseagullh is trying to say that if he took charge at the start of the season, he wouldn't need the first few games to "turn it around", so we would have a better record, that is, we should judge him on the last five games, not the first 5, because the first five are his settling in period which would have been pre-season if he came in last may.

So, 4 wins from 5, 12/15 points. 80% of available points, ergo, we'd end the season with 110.4 points if he'd been in charge from the beginning. Promotion by christmas form...

johnnyrocketpants

Mar 7, 2009
I think hseagullh is trying to say that if he took charge at the start of the season, he wouldn't need the first few games to "turn it around", so we would have a better record, that is, we should judge him on the last five games, not the first 5, because the first five are his settling in period which would have been pre-season if he came in last may.

So, 4 wins from 5, 12/15 points. 80% of available points, ergo, we'd end the season with 110.4 points if he'd been in charge from the beginning. Promotion by christmas form...

If Slade can get 0.4 points out of a game, he really must be a miracle worker.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Who cares? :p

Fair enough, give my dad some stick but lets wait until the end of the season first :jester:

why wait until the end of the season?

slade has improved not just results, but performances by a ludicrous amount since he has settled down and worked with the players. bringing in hart and loft is looking like a masterstroke, and even fraser looks like a compotent league one player under him

if we go down, it will be nothing to do with potato, but the absolute shambles he was left with. infact, if he do go down and he manages to keep together most of these players, i would back us to be there or there abouts next season

anyone slagging him off based on him being an "overrated twat" deserves to get some stick

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
It is also well documented that he was not in charge for the Leyton Orient game, which has been included in the original statistics.

i think it is probably fair to say you can discount the tuesday game as well from them - three days max worth of training with the team is hardly enough to time to have worked out ALL of their flaws, weaknesses and strengths

still, any excuse to beat the slade down

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
i think it is probably fair to say you can discount the tuesday game as well from them - three days max worth of training with the team is hardly enough to time to have worked out ALL of their flaws, weaknesses and strengths

still, any excuse to beat the slade down

Quite. An overrated twat of a manager, seemingly third choice for us, has turned a relegation certainty into a team that MIGHT beat the drop. This could be on a par with 'Oh shit. Not Revell'.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
An overrated twat of a manager, seemingly third choice for us...........
Well, we all know about some of DK's choices, don't we? - thimk Turienzo and MA back for a second spell.................let's just be thankful we gor RS instead of the first and second choices! (Those of you who's glasses are always half full can of course speculate on how much better off we might have been with the fourth, fifth or sixth choices........................)
A rolling one year contract for RS, please - we may not quite be safe yet, but we're a darned sight closer to it than I ever thought two or three weeks ago!

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
why wait until the end of the season?

slade has improved not just results, but performances by a ludicrous amount since he has settled down and worked with the players. bringing in hart and loft is looking like a masterstroke, and even fraser looks like a compotent league one player under him

if we go down, it will be nothing to do with potato, but the absolute shambles he was left with. infact, if he do go down and he manages to keep together most of these players, i would back us to be there or there abouts next season

anyone slagging him off based on him being an "overrated twat" deserves to get some stick

:clap:

"Overrated twat" is one of the most ludicrous judgements ever made on here and that's quite an achievement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here